Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
bjlks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4218
Satellite Reciever

We are looking at a 2010 Big Sky 358RLT and cannot figure out where the satellite reciever would go, asked dealer and they did not know. Was hoping some that have this floor plan could tell where to install the satellite reciever. The dvd player and radio was installed in such a tight place that dealer could not remove without taking some trim off first.There has got to a better way or a secret combination to make this happen. I have not called Keystone yet,I wanted to hear from the real world experience.

bjlks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
In my 2955, I plan to install a shelf below the TV to hold the receiver. If you have a UHF remote, it will work through the door of the cabinet.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
bjlks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4218

Here is a picture of tv and reciever, there is no room to set satellite reciever on top of stereo, and there is not enough room in cabinets left and right top and bottom for reciever. The stereo will not come out without taking off some trim work. I am puzzled as to why Keystone could not leave room for satellite reciever, and why one cannot remove stereo without having to reomove trim work. Dont know if this a factory mistake.
bjlks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
bjlks, we have the same setup as you with the 2010 model 3455SA. I put the reciever on top of the shelf attached to the tv, plugged into the ac on the lower left. I then drilled a hole just big enough to pull the cable thru from the upper left cabinet.
The only problem I see with this setup in I have to remove the reciever whenever we are on the road. When traveling, I pull the excess cable back into the cabinet.
By the way, I use the three colored wires from the reciever to the tv instead of the cable.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote