Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2014, 08:25 AM   #21
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
There are a few MOCs in the UCD area. If needed I am sure someone will be able to check on things for you.

I can recommend West Sacramento KOA for the time when you do get here. It should make a nice place to do visits from.

Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:51 AM   #22
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Kiwanis Family House located on the grounds of the UC Davis Medical Center has 7 RV spaces with full utility hook-ups for families of patients being treated at UC Davis Medical Center.

Unsure of cost.

Call them ASAP to get info and a reservation.

I googled the address of the Kiwanis Family House and then chose "earth view". On the map, the RV sites are located to the right of the building and look pretty good.

With construction work being done on westbound US-50 from May 27th to June 25th, going back and forth from the West Sacramento KOA to UCDMC could be challenging at best.

Kiwanis Family House
2875 50th Street
Sacramento, CA 95817
(916)736-0116

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:17 PM   #23
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
We know you must be overcome with concern for your sons welfare. We wish you and your son & loved ones the very best. Sending the most excellent karma to your son. May all enjoy the best of outcomes.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:19 PM   #24
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mynabird
...I can recommend West Sacramento KOA for the time when you do get here. It should make a nice place to do visits from.
With the Hwy-50 repair (www.fix50.com) going on, you don't want to be on any portion of Hwy-50 between the intersections of Hwy-99 and I-5. Cal Expo (the CA State Fairgrounds) offers camping albeit it is a parking lot type environment. Cal Expo is very close to UCD Med Center and while it is on the north side of Hwy-50 (the Med Center is south of Hwy-50), there are lots of surface street routes between the two.

There is a another park further away in Carmichael that Brenkco uses when they visit Sacramento. I will have to find the name. I know it is a PA park, lots of shade (it is getting warm here), and quiet. The downside is it is a long term resident park but more than adequate.

I live here so if there is anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:13 PM   #25
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
It's imperial manor, http://www.imperialmanormhc.com

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:40 PM   #26
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
Done!
Virginia Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:53 PM   #27
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Our travel plans will not include RVing. The company that Adam works for has supplied his fiancé with a motel room across from the hospital. When we get there we will stay there. We finally talked to him today for about 5 minutes, we talked and he listened with an occasional chuckle. The skin grafting issue has not been decided yet and I don't know why. We are getting frustrated to the point that Dad may make a call but I'm afraid I would just make matters worse. He still doesn't want us there or any body for that matter. He is still in a lot of pain but is able to get up and move.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:42 AM   #28
hickory
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13170
Prayers from your northern neighbors!
hickory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #29
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
I want to HIGHLY STRESS that the neighborhood the UC Davis Medical Center is located in is NOT a good area to be walking around, especially at night. Please be aware of people around you and your surroundings.

Specially discounted hotel rates for family of patients are available at:

The Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown http://www.marriott.com
916-455-6800
Pets not allowed. Parking for hotel guests is $8/day
4422 Y Street, located on the UC Davis Sacramento campus near UC Davis Medical Center

Hotel Med Park, Sacramento www.hotelmedpark.com
916-455-4000
Pets not allowed.
2356 Stockton Boulevard, located across the street from UC Davis Medical Center

Ronald McDonald House
916-734-4230
Located on the grounds of the UC Davis Medical Center. Each family is asked to donate $20 per night or whatever portion they can afford. No one is ever turned away for their inability to pay.

Kiwanis Family House
916-734-2234
Located on the grounds of the UC Davis Medical Center. Residency in the Kiwanis Family House is determined by the Department of Clinical Social Services and is by referral only. Families of patients at UC Davis Medical Center and Shriner's Hospitals, Sacramento, please call for a referral.

NOTE: As noted, there are a few of us MOCers that live around the area and are willing to help. If you are flying into the Sacramento Airport, I can pick you up and deliver you to the Med Center/your hotel. Send me an email (margee53@hotmail.com) with your phone number or I can email you mine.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #30
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Prayers for all of you. We pray that he recovers completely and without to much pain. God Bless.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:07 PM   #31
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
We pray for your sons recovery and may you fine the strength during this difficult time. Stay positive. As you said he's a fighter! 1 day at a time.

cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #32
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Prayers for your son. Please keep us posted on his recovery.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:32 AM   #33
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Louise is flying out today from Colorado to Sacramento. Adam's fiance's father will pick her up at the airport. I will stay in Co with the grandkids until their parents get home Tues eve. Wed my oldest grandson and I will drive back to Ill for our youngest grandson's h.s. graduation. My oldest will than fly back to Co and I may fly to Ca or Louise will fly home depending on Adam's condition.

As of yesterday he made 6 laps around the ICU. According to his fiance his face is much better and they don't anticipate any scarring. His arms/hands are still wrapped but it does not look like third degree burns at this time. Though we have not called him, at his fiance's request, she says his attitude is much improved. Once Louise gets there I will get more updates and perhaps even talk to him again. We did talk two days ago, briefly, and he sounded good, considering. When I did talk to the nurse I got a brief description of his condition and was asked to make any further inquires to his fiance. That will change once Louise arrives.

Thanks again for all the prayers, concerns and offers of help.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:56 AM   #34
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by c214dick

Louise is flying out today from Colorado to Sacramento. Adam's fiance's father will pick her up at the airport. I will stay in Co with the grandkids until their parents get home Tues eve. Wed my oldest grandson and I will drive back to Ill for our youngest grandson's h.s. graduation. My oldest will than fly back to Co and I may fly to Ca or Louise will fly home depending on Adam's condition.

As of yesterday he made 6 laps around the ICU. According to his fiance his face is much better and they don't anticipate any scarring. His arms/hands are still wrapped but it does not look like third degree burns at this time. Though we have not called him, at his fiance's request, she says his attitude is much improved. Once Louise gets there I will get more updates and perhaps even talk to him again. We did talk two days ago, briefly, and he sounded good, considering. When I did talk to the nurse I got a brief description of his condition and was asked to make any further inquires to his fiance. That will change once Louise arrives.

Thanks again for all the prayers, concerns and offers of help.
This sounds like fantastic news! Continuing prayers!!!
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:46 PM   #35
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49

I'm happy to hear that he is improving and his burns might not be as severe as originally thought. We'll keep good thoughts coming Adam's way. He's in good hands there at the UC Davis Medical Center.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:29 AM   #36
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Louise finally made it to Sac and Adam. Her pick up was delayed in getting her from the airport and by the time she arrived at the hospital they were cleaning Adam's wounds so she had to wait some more. Finally mom got to see son and all is well. In spite of claiming he didn't want us there he was happy to see her and wondered why I didn't come also. They had a nice visit and she will go back this morning. I did talk to him last night before she got there and he sounded much better.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #37
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Brings tears to my eyes... We almost lost our only son 3 years agoto a botched surgery. Nothing like family to raise the spirits and get the first hand perspective. Best possible Karma for your son & family.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:20 AM   #38
cwalker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9730
Our niece's husband had the same thing happen and he fully recovered. It didn't happen overnight, but you can't tell that anything happened now. Praying for continued healing.
cwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:29 AM   #39
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I've been away from the forum for a while, but I am impressed. You posted on May 30 about this accident and by June 2 he's running laps? Outstanding! I'm blaming all the prayers. Especially since I can quick walk but not run any laps. Prayers for a continued quick recovery to you and your wife, your son, his family, friends and fiance.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 03:11 AM   #40
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Good news!!!!! Adam is doing so well that they discontinued the therapy showers which entailed laying down and being soaped and hosed off. Very painful They are amazed how quickly he is healing. No grafting required and he may be released as early as Tuesday. Weekly checks at the medical center will be required but at least he'll be home, and so will Louise. YEA!!!! Thanks for all the prayers and kinds words. The MOC rocks. Hey sounds like it should be a bumper sticker.