Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2008, 05:49 AM   #1
OxyVegas
Established Member

M.O.C. #8523
Thanks for the Welcome!

Hi MOC'ers.

It was great hearing from everyone welcoming us to the Forum.

To Don & Joy:

The model we purchased is the 3400RL-10th Anniversary Limited Edition-(hope that means "Limited" problems)-38ft. We pull it with a 2002 Ford F250-Power Stroke Diesel-7.3 liter Camper Special. In the literature the Camper Special has the same suspension (extra leaf springs) as a Ford F350.

On our first shake down cruise we took it to Echo Bay on Lake Mead. The road has several steep inclines, rough surfaces and we were experiencing 40mph head & cross winds. Took it like a champ! I attribute a lot of the great handling to the MOR/RYDE Pin Box System that came with the rig and the Husky hitch we had installed.

During our three day excursion we had no glitches...all systems were go...well, I still couldn't find the satellites for my Direct TV system...that's nothing new.

I will be keeping an eye on the DVD/CD player I've heard from other posts about it's dubious performance. If we have problems I would be inclined to just chuck it and get a better one from Best Buy.

And I am really happy to hear about the fellow and his stubborn "Panic" light. Now I know what that little light bulb on the remote is all about.

Oh, one other thing. Yes, our rig did come with one 15,000 BTU air conditioner-ducted throughout. Since living in Vegas since 1962 we know the heat index. We had another AC, 13,500 BTU, added to the bed room (nice that all the wiring was already in place) before we even picked up the rig. When we went to Echo Bay the temperature was 104 degrees. That extra AC more than handled the heat load.

To Stiles n Dianna:

"Old Salts?" Sounds like a sailor to me. I served my time in Vietnam as an Airman. Chose the Air Force because I'm a lover...not a fighter.

Dee & Carole
Las Vegas, Nevada

OxyVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:04 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Dee,
Glad to hear you are enjoying your Montana. I hope you have many years of good travel.

As you can see by the signature, I was in a fighting branch of service. But every once in a while I was able to sneak a ride into DaNang and visit the Air Force Dairy Queen!!!!! Good cold ice cream.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:29 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
My old Salt statement has to do with RVing experience. Even though I served in the Marines, I seldom if ever make a military reference. Guess I am existential in that regard. When I discharged, that all ended for me.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 01:31 PM   #4
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
The 10th Anniversary models have a lot of new and great features that you will enjoy, we really like ours. Your A/C units will get a real workout in the Vegas heat.
We have a lot of good campgrounds here in No. Ca. for whatever type of camping you like. Let me know when you plan on being in the area, and I can recommend a few campgrounds to you.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:44 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
FYI..Your 38 foot 3400 is not 38 feet long..take a tape measure to it. It is closer to 40 feet long. Ours is 39 feet 3 inches long.It will not fit into a 38 foot space. Sounds like you had a real good first trip..many more will follow.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote