Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
flyfisher

M.O.C. #8487
husband OVERPACKS!

Well, actually, I must confess...It's ME who stuffs the cabinets.(much to his chagrin!) WAHOO!!!!! We just bought our 1st Monty,the 10th anniversary edition 2009. It's the 2980RL, and we're very excited. We have dreamed of owning a Montana for several years. However, now that the price of diesel has gone through the roof....we may have to park it at our local Circle K, and camp in the parking lot!! ( at least, I won't have to pack so much)
It seems like it will have more than everything we could possibly need. My husband would be content with a fly rod, some beer and a snack or two. I, on the otherhand, feel best if I have prepared for any natural disaster, with all sorts of assundry stuff,"just in case!"
We hope to take it on it's maiden trip in a few weeks. I certainly hope things go smoothly, or we'll need even more beer than usual! LOL
If you know of any quirks, feel free to warn us in advance. I don't understand why the manual isn't available yet?? Seems wierd to me. Happy travels to you!

flyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:15 AM   #2
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Congratulations on your new Monty and welcome to the MOC forum. As for the manual, this forum is the best manual you could ever get. The manuals are quite generic and this can be as specific as you want it to be. Great people here too. If you have any questions, ask away and someone will be able to answer. Enjoy your maiden trip.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:13 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
You will be struggling for how to use the space wisely for a while. In this case, experience is your best teacher. If you haven't used the "just in case" in 6 months, chances are you won't use it. You may find you take too many clothes. We full time in our Montana and are still paring down, especially in the area of clothing. Congrats on your new Montana. You can download an owners manual of sorts for this forum. It is listed under "favorite sites & links". Happy RVing..............
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:37 AM   #4
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Congrats on the new unit. As we are on our third Montana, just know you are going to be thrilled with it. We are long timers, spending the winters in our Big Sky near Orlando, FL. Currently our unit is in storage at a nearby campground, Candyhill in Winchester, VA while we spend our summer in the mountains of WV. Welcome to the forum and YES...this forum is the best manual you will find on your Montana, no matter what the question, Rule here is...there are no dumb questions,,,so jump right in anytime. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:14 PM   #5
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Jerry & Cathi, If this forum had a habit of kicking you off for dumb Q's then I would have been banned a long time ago. Don't worry about the question-someone has already asked it and another kind MOC'er had the correct answer.
Welcome to the forum, we're glad you joined.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:06 PM   #6
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Welcome to the best RV forum on the www Jerry and Cathi. You sound alot like my wife, she can't go on a three day trip without packing for anything that could possibly happen in a month . I complain about it alot, but truth be told, she has saved my bacon more than once. I will say though, since we got the Montana she has learned to limit the things she thinks she "needs". In time you will figure out what is needed, and what is not, just make sure you pack the beer and fishing gear for Jerry .
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #7
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Congrats on the 2980RL we love ours too. as for the fuel dump the TV, diesel. and go gas, that way you wont have to park the RV.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:47 PM   #8
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
Congrats on the new Monty hope it give you plenty of pleasure. We are on our second year with our 3000RK. In fact we are getting it ready for a trip to Maine from Ohio for a few weeks. The price of fuel or gas just can not stand in my way, at least not yet. Keep truckin and let's go camping.
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:19 AM   #9
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
We are fulltimers who live in a 2980RL also! We have plenty of room for two, and just love the floor plan. You made a wise choice.

If there are any questions to ask about your new lifestyle, you have come to the right place. If there are any specific questions about your model, please feel free to ask on the forum or you can PM me personally, and I will do my best to answer your questions.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:47 AM   #10
Ms McGyver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8531
Welcome Welcome! Every thing that has been said so far is the absolute truth! The owner's manual is far from helpful, but the manuals for your appliances and installed equipment are worth their weight. Cathi, be sure to check out "Girls gone MOC" sections of the MOC. We ladies see and say things with our own slant and this is a place we can chime out in our own way (without too much interference by the menfolk). Be sure you get your own ID as we'd like to get to know you right off.

As far as what to pack, there are numerous lists out there and also check sheets and recipes and procedural checkslists. . . you name it. One source is RV Basics. If you google it you'll find more than you bargained for!

Do take the time to update your profile, get a picture of yourselves online--use Tinypics.com to accomplish that task. There are some formatting issues you'll need to attend to, but directions for that are on the MOC site. Cindy, once the joint pic/sig is done, copy the coding to your MOC profile if you'd like.

Once again, welcome, and happy camping, oops, RV'ing MOC'ers!
Ms McGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:51 PM   #11
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Jerry and Cathi-- I just got back on the forum after a two week trip without the Monte to Ohio! We also have a 2980RL but ours is a 2004 model with out all the bells and whistles!! I really missed this forum to tell you the truth over the two weeks! It is like having friends in all parts of the country and also advisors to any and all problems you might come upon! You said to mention anything that might be helpful-- well here's one-- the Galley grey tank drain handle is located between the tires on the drivers side of the rig. There have been numerous posts on this subject after their sink filled up with water and it wouldn't drain. I think that is one thing the salesmen tend to forget about and many don't even know about it to tell you the truth. Hope all goes well on your maiden voyage and remember if you have any questions-- just ask-- there's no such thing as a dumb question! You may get some DUMB answers from some of us but it's all in fun and to keep things interesting!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote