Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived - Forum Information and Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2010, 06:00 AM   #1
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
Search

Is the search feature broken? I get no results when I perform a search. With or without archive checked. I know the word I am searching for exists.

mtpocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:21 AM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Looks like it is broken. I searched for "regulator" as I know I have found threads recently using that word. But now I get no results. The did some maintenance work on the site over the weekend. Maybe they messed something up.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
pbahlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9380
Definitely broken.....I've been trying to no avail so thought I'd do something easy and it couldn't find big sky!!!!!

Also have a problem with avatars...only an outlined box appears no pictures....anyone else having this problem????

thanx

Betty
pbahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I saw on Face Book that Forumco is up grading its hardware. That is why the forum has been down a lot the last two days. So I am guessing the "fancy features" AVATARS, search etc will be back when they finish.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
I sure hope its back soon. I really appreciate the advice from this forum and most of it is dead on. I always do a search before asking because most questions are already answered.
mtpocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:22 AM   #6
doofus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10583
Any word from forumco as to when this is going to be fixed?
doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:40 AM   #7
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
We do have a request into them and I suspect they will get to it as soon as they can. It is a much needed function. If we haven't heard something by the end of week we'll try again. Thank you. Interestingly I have been having trouble but just now it WORKED just like it should! Go figure. But keep the reports coming. Eventually maybe we'll get it working for everyone.
RVWheels, MOC Admin.
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:45 AM   #8
doofus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10583
It's selective, which is odd. If you search the word "dimensions" you get lots of earlier posts, but not the one I just posted at http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=42195

It also won't find my "Favicon" post with a subject search.

It doesn't like me...
doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:26 AM   #9
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
It's working for me! Just checked about five different subjects or words and all came up! One I put in came up with 26 pages of threads! Yowzer!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:32 AM   #10
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Be careful with Search as "it works" depends on your definition of "working". It usually returns posts that match your search words. But it rarely returns *ALL* the posts containing your search words. There are several test cases I use to test the completeness of the Search results. One is to Search on the words "counter extension" (without the quotes) and look for the post "2010 3150 RL Counter Top Extension" dated Oct. 25th 2010
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=41713
The subject words appear in the title and the body of the posts and yet it is not (currently) in the returned list of five postings. I have no idea how many other postings containing the search words are also not found. But I bet there are more. I just know about this one example.

Doofus has an example of another incomplete Search response. Even this posting is not found when you Search on "search function".

This incompleteness of the Search function really diminishes the usefulness of the facility.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote