Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
GMAC Letter

Got a letter today from GMAC today stating that my truck payment was not received. IMPOSSIBLE!! I have an automatic WD every month so I don't forget!! This payment procedure has been going on for 44 months!!
What happened? I called customer service and the guy told me it was temporarily suspended. SAY WHAT?? He couldn's tell me what happened but "With your permission, we can resume the payments"!! Well, yeah. Needless to say, I was really upset. Especially the line in the letter that states "We may report information about your account to credit bureaus. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on you account may be reflected in your credit reports." I emphatically let him know this better not happen. Got his name and took notes and filed the letter.

This ever happened to any else?? Recently??

Old 04-17-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I went to a new bank a little over a year ago. Along with it they issued a Credit Card for our "convenience". Starting in January, I kept getting declined every so often and a call to the number on the card the next day or so and they would say everthing is good. Finally, this occurred and I decided to call immediately. They said the card was on hold and they couldn't tell me why. After much consternation and belly aching, they connected me to someone higher up. What she told me is that my card showed a pattern that it was idle for days or weeks, then it was used several times a day. Rather than contact us to find out our spending pattern (since they described it to the tea), they decided it was possible credit card fraud, that someone found it and was trying to buy as many things as they could with it.

Translation: The banks are so concerned about credit card theft since it's their dime if that's the case, that they assume this is occurring instead of just calling us to ask what's up - they have several ways to get in touch with us. This is their new policy starting this past January.

In your case this example doesn't seem to be the case, but times are changing with all the dishonesty running rampant maybe something obscure like this could have happened. Another example of honest people having to deal with inconveniences caused by the crap of the dishonest.

I would call them back and ask for the explanation that caused this. If their system decides you are messed up, there will be a reason. The front line service person can't help you, but go for someone higher until you get the finite answer. It took me three calls and levels of personnel before I found out what happened in our case. But I did not give up. They don't always realize that in trying to help us so much, they can actually do more harm than good and don't care about our dime, just theirs.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Wonder whats up with that? Some companies can ruin your credit and then it’s already done when you find out. I think we trust them too much sometimes. I do like an automatic payment plan on things but I keep a very close watch on them. I have one account set up where I still manually make the payment even though I pay through the internet and it comes directly out of my account.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Only on the last payment. They sent a letter to our SD address, but since we only get mail once a month we didn't see it until way later. When I noticed the payment was not withdrawn, I called and got the matter settled.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote