Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Medic
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #21
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
HamRad-
Tomorrow is the day for you...We will be thinking of you.
Best of luck!

Yep! take that laptop in the hospital with you if you can. It will pass the time of recovery quicker.

If everything goes as planned for you, then I will like to have a walk with you around the 300 circle at the Lake Siskiyou rally 2009.

I too am experiencing my own medical issue (breast cancer) and a walk with a good Moc'er is what is needed

Take care,
Denise

PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #22
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Denise,

Sorry to hear about the breast cancer. We are looking forward to those walks! We met with the doctor and nurse today and everything is all set. Will report to hospital in the morning and should be finished by about noon.

You take care of yourself so we can add to the walkers at the circle.

See you soon.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:48 PM   #23
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
OK how did Dennis do with his hip replacement? he should be out of that hospital by now.

TT2
Old 10-13-2008, 09:25 AM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We talked with Mary Kay and everything went very well with Dennis' hip replacement! We're thrilled to hear that nearly all of the pain is gone.

Anyone hear how Don's went?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #25
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
We are home! Yea! Very interesting process. Still hard to imagine that I've had six inches of bone cut out of my body and replaced with metal and they sewed me back up and had me walking early next morning! I am sore. I think that is much of my continuing pain from the hip area.

Had the home health nurse out today and all is looking well. Will start physical therapy within a week. I'm having some trouble adjusting to my bed. With the new hip I must sleep on the opposite side from what I'm used to! And the hip is just sore enough to cause a lot of discomfort. I'm lucky to have a nice large lounge chair that will serve as a makeshift bed until I can make adjustment.

I've been talking with Don. He is also doing well. I'm sure he'll jump in and bring us up to date with his condition.

I find it amazing that so many of us MOCers have had hip operations. But I want to once again thank everyone for the great information they shared regarding this process. It definitely made me much less apprehensive.

Thanks.

Dennis
Old 10-13-2008, 03:09 PM   #26
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Dennis,

We are so pleased that everything went so well!!!

Get well soon, looking forward to seeing you and Mary Kay back out here on the road!!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:43 PM   #27
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Again I repeat do not give up on the rehab. So glad to hear that you are much better. When we see again I will tell you my story. Hang in there.

Dick
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:19 PM   #28
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Dick,

Thanks! I plan to stick with whatever they say to do. Exactly. I don't want all this pain and suffering to go to waste because I didn't follow the rehab instructions!

I look forward to hearing your story.

See you folks soon.

Dennis
Old 10-13-2008, 06:59 PM   #29
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Couldn't do the day-by-day - the hospital Wi-Fi wasn't working. I had a total hip replacement on Wed. Wed PM I felt real good. Didn't sleep well Wed night - my door was open and across from the nurse's station. Thur I felt kind of sick, but got up on a walker. Thurs night slept good - shut the door. Friday felt better, more walker. Sat I went home around noon. Felt good to be home. Sun just laid around. Had home health care today. She took a blood Pro-Time to check the blood thinner level. She started my in-home therapy. Simple little exercises. All-in-all, it was more than I expected, but I'm glad I did it. The pain is tolerable.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:17 AM   #30
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Don,

I'm happy to hear of your continued improvement. Our experiences are very similar. My pain level is still much better than it was before the operation. However I think the wound site is causing me a lot of pain as it continues to heal. I feel a bit more stiff today than I have. As stated in another post I plan to adhere exactly to whatever exercises and or health process I am instructed to follow.

Don I hope you have had as nice a group of health care professionals as I did! We were very impressed with the level of care we received. We had some of the nicest nurses ever! Apparently the hospital works with several local colleges and we had an ongoing supply of rather young student type nurses. The level of service was in no way reduced because of being students.

Here's hoping we'll be up and running around the "circle" at Shasta!

Dennis
Old 10-14-2008, 04:29 AM   #31
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
My thoughts and concerns go out to both of you guys. It is truly amazing how fast they make you move after these surgeries. I was an Air Force Medic in a previous life and I can still remember the recoup time for major surgeries was mostly bedrest, not so now, get em up and get em moving seems to be the new mantra. Of course, the newer pain meds help alot also, as you guys know. Speedy recovery to both of you!!!!

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #32
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Welcome home Dennis I guess that I MIGHT see you and Mary Kay in Q-site. have a speedy recovery.

D&G
Old 10-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #33
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
We're planning to see everyone in Q! That's the plan. And we all know how the best laid plans of ....... Well something like that.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Don. I appreciate the thought. See you there.

Dennis and Mary Kay
Old 10-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #34
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
We're so glad to hear that both of you are doing so well. It's just amazing what they can do isn't it?
We'll see you in Q Dennis
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:35 PM   #35
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Glad to hear you gentlemen with the new hips are doing so well. Tom had his left hip replaced in July 2003 just before retiring from Delta. The first of September he was back driving the rig and we went to FL that winter. He declares the secret to getting up and about is following the physical therapy instructions very closely. He continued his therapy exercises for a little over a year after surgery and now is able to do so much more than he could before surgery. Praise God for todays medical technology and medical professionals. Good luck to all of you who have had this procedure or are considering a hip or knee replacement.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote