Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #1
atbrisen

M.O.C. #6188
Heating Problems-- Its getting Cold

What problems could lead to my Furnace not heating. It kicks on and blows, just not warm. The A/C works fine. All 12 volt systems seem to work properly and propane tanks have fuel? Any Helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in Advance, Aubrey

atbrisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:44 AM   #2
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
atbrisen - Can't resist this one. You said you have fuel in the propane tanks. Check the valves on top of the bottles to see if you forgot to turn them on. Also check the directional lever to see it it is pointing left or right and not straight up and down. Then with the furnace off, light the gas range burners for a little bit as air sometimes get trapped in the lines. Once you get them lite, the furnace will usually light. I use one of the little gas lighters to light the stovetop. That striker/lighter don't always work well for me. You also need 12volt battery for furnace to work as I think the thermostat works off of 12v. I know mine is that way and I assume yours is the same....JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:58 PM   #3
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
I have found with our unit, that if the tank you are pulling out of gets low,but not empty the furnace does the same thing. For some reason I have to switch the direction lever to the second tank for proper operation
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:33 AM   #4
atbrisen

M.O.C. #6188
Thanks to you deadeye and racerjoe. In fact racerjoe, you are correct. I had enough propane to light my stove yet not enough for the furnace to ignite. I had less than a quarter tank of fuel, so I replaced it with a new one. The next attempt to turn on, it worked. I dont know if it is pressure sensitive or volume sensitive but apparently it is one or the other. Once again, thanks to both of you for your advice and responses. Regards, Aubrey
atbrisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:11 AM   #5
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
It is an frustrating thing when you can't find out what is going on. My old trailer always used up every last bit of propane and switched to the other tank without ever having a problem. So now that I know this after an extended period I will switch tanks just to be sure, when I know I am going to run the furnace.Between the furnace issues and the low water pressure at the sink and shower it makes me wonder why...
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote