Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2006, 05:53 PM   #1
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
Apollo Microwave - Moisture Build-up

We see a lot of moisture build-up when using our Apollo microwave. I checked the vent is open. Is this normal, or do I have a venting problem?

Jim

jsrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:19 PM   #2
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Since ours died and we replaced it with a GE, don't have a 1/2 for reference, but there is a button to press, top row on the right, I think, which has a drying cycle. Hit it after you run the microwave if there is a moisture build up--it runs for 90 seconds. If all else fails, read the book :-)
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:52 AM   #3
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
Mobilrvn, Thanks! I found the button that says "auto Dry". Never knew it existed until you pointed it out. You are right, "if all else fails, read the Manual", which I should have done in the first place. Thanks again.

Jim

jsrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 05:30 PM   #4
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Aside from the auto dry button which does it's job after the fact, my Apollo also seems not to be able to vent moisture very well while cooking bacon for instance ... and brand doesn't seem to matter. It gets to where I have to put a hand towel betwen the microwave and exhaust vent hood over the stove to catch the water dripping on the pancakes in progress on the stove below. Other microwaves I've owned seemed to vent the moisture out much better. I removed the unit and checked the exhaust fan which really doesn't draw air from inside the unit, but just sucks it across the back of the unit. It does have another fan inside lower right back of cooking area that turns when operating, but it doesn't seem to matter. At least my door has't failed .... yet.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 02:06 AM   #5
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
This seems to be common with the Apollo. I think it may have something to do with the 1/2 time feature. I have yet to solve the condensation problem, but have learned to live with it by using the auto dry button combined with paper towels close at hand when opening the door after cooking. I love the 1/2 time feature and have been fortunate that mine is still working. I did have to replace the plastic seal in the door as ours was cracked within 30 days, but a call to Apollo (I believe I got the number from the manual) resulted in them sending me a new seal overnight mail to the campground where we were staying at the time.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote