Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2005, 01:14 AM   #1
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
We have arrived and we are at....

I thought that since it is getting close to when people are going to be heading to the RGV that it might he handy to have a topic where we could announce our arrival and where we are staying.
So as y'all arrive start the post.

Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 03:50 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Are you getting close or are you there, Bill and Ann?
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 05:42 AM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Hello there Bill, Ann, and Mark,

(I thought I sent this message earlier, but it seems to have been "lost in space", so I'll try again.)

Glad to hear that you have arrived safely in "The Valley".

We have been thinking about our route down there. Last year we travelled along I-10 from Alabama, but I don't think that will be practical this year. Would you mind outlining your route again? Did you encounter any hurricane-related difficulties?

It is cold, wet, and windy here today, wish we were down there too!

Thanks for any advice you can offer. Hope to see you in January.

(Like Judy, on re-reading your message, I'm not sure if you meant that you had arrived, or just that you wanted to start the thread, ...whichever, I hope you had, or have, a good trip!)
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 04:17 AM   #4
contau lake
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2222
Hi Bill, Anne & Mark! Glad to hear you had a safe trip! The weather here is cold and wet and they are calling for some wet snow. Arn't you glad that you departed early!! As Ontmont asks; what way did you travel south this year, how was the trip, any fuel problems, etc.. along the way!
contau lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 12:02 PM   #5
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
We arrived on the 15th. Bentsen Palm Village, #263. Y'all have a safe trip.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 12:21 PM   #6
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Here is one possible route: Make your way across Ohio into Kentucky (either Louisville or Lexington--works either way), Continue to Nashville (or if you prefer you can go all the way across Western Kentucky to pickup I-55 in the bootheel of Missouri--works either way. I've done both.) For sure continue to Memphis (or by I55 to West Memphis, Arkansas) and pick up I40 to Little Rock where you will join I30 to Texarkana.

Now from Texarkana there are several possibilities--all good--
1) you could continue on I30 to Dallas and then south on I35 to Austin/San Antonio to pick up US281.

2) You could take US 59 South from Texarkana to Houston and then pick up your known route south.

3) Best of all you could take US 59 to Linden, Tx and there pick up Texas 155 (an excellent highway) all the way to Palestine, Texas where you would join US 79 South to I35 near Austin, Texas, and south as in number 1 above.

If you really want detailed information about any of these highways, let me know. I have traveled some of them several times pulling our Montana.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 12:35 PM   #7
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Bill, Ann and Mark, Glad to hear that you have made it to the RGV. Glad to hear that Countryfolks have arrived also. John and I am really looking forward to getting down there in Jan. We are still in Ohio where John had to have eye surgery again. His retina became detached on his left eye again. Hopefully we can get out of here before the snow arrives. We hope to leave here around the middle of Nov. Just glad that we were here where his Doctor was when it happened. Safe travels to everyone. See everyone on Jan. 5th. Marge
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 03:44 PM   #8
contau lake
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2222
Thanks for the information Padredw! I've been over part of the 'best' route before and your right the roads are very good!
contau lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 05:22 PM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Marge and JOhn
I hope John's eye continues to improve. My Dad had that and it is scary. He did fine for many years afterwards.
Happy trails..............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:07 AM   #10
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Couldn't get back on the forum until this am. Looks like Countryfolks have started the post. We haven't left Ontario yet. We are moving into a new stickhouse on Oct.31 and will be leaving for the valley on Nov. 8. We should be down there around the 12th.
John and Donna, Bill and Sharran: We don't travel the Interstates but tend to travel on the State roads. If you are interested in staying off them let me know and I will send our route. We try several different routes each year and depending how you want to go we can help you out. Last year we went down through Indiana. This year I think we are heading down from East of Cleveland. Email us at wweaver@netzero.com if you want any routes. We normally cross at the 1000 islands but our routes will work from Niagara or Buffalo also.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:20 AM   #11
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Marge and John: Remembering you in our prayers for a speedy and successful healing process. Please travel safely and looking forward to seeing you in the valley in January.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:38 AM   #12
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Marge and John: Hope everything goes ok with John. See you in the valley.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:15 PM   #13
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Hello John and Marge,

Like everyone else, we wish you both all the best, and a speedy recovery for John. Hope to see you in "The Valley".
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:48 PM   #14
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Thanks everyone for your thoughts & prayers. John is doing well and can't wait till this is all over so we can leave Ohio!!!!!!!!!!We will have to be here for another three weeks at least. Just makes him enjoy the RGV even more once we arrive. Safe travels to all. Marge
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote