Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2005, 01:22 PM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
$55 night - no cable no wi-fi- Ventura CA

We are taking Monty home to Hemet with the old truck so we are being very careful as we will be a bit over weight. Decided to go down 101 to avoid the mountains. We are taking three days as we think we will be a bit slow. Found a nice park in Paso Robles but the only thing I could find in Ventura was this one. WOW
Happy trails.................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:37 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Hope it is as nice a park as the price indicates.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:30 PM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hello Sue and Ed,
If it is the park I'm thinking it is then it is very expensive. We'd heard they were going to re-open and be asking 55per night! A bit too expensive for us. There is a nice state park just down the road..... McGrath State Beach Park. They have a nice setup and much more reasonable. Of course it is pretty much boon docking. But for one night it wouldn't be bad. We stay inland at Santa Paula. A nice park called Mountain View RV park. You do need reservations a few days ahead but it is a full hookup park. It also helps you avoid the grade from the Camarrillo area over into the Thousand Oaks area.... Then hit the 5 and the 210 and work your way down to Hemet. If you're still looking for a park in this area give the Mt. view folks a call. The office does not answer until noon. Good luck.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:41 AM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Mary Kay and Dennis
Can you get to Santa Paula without any grades? We've been in that area as lot but can't remember as it has been a few years. I know the grade you are talking about out of Camarillo and we have been a little worried about that.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:03 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Mary Kay and Dennis
I just talked to Mountain View and they said they were flat so we made reservations. She said the spaces are narrow for four slides but you have three and on both sides. Do you have any problems? I told here if we didn't have to cook maybe we could do it and she said there is a restaurant within walking distances. Any good?
Old 06-23-2005, 10:50 AM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hello Sue and Ed,
There are NO grades between Ventura and Santa Paula. If you mean down 101 then of course there a few small grades..... I guess the Cuesta grade just before San Luis Obispo is the steepest. Thank goodness it is a rather short one. Other than that I think you'll be OK.

From Santa Paula to I-5 it is just gentle grade all the way. Basically an easy drive. Then once you're on I-5 you've just got little grades just past Magic Mt. and then just before you drop into the San Fernando Valley area...... We take the 210 and I assume that would be the way you'd want to go. Only big grade I can think of there is just after you cross the river. I wouldn't think that would be too tough for you.

There are several very good restaurants within walking distance of the RV park. East just one short block is the Harvard Restaurant. Very nice family type place. Excellent breakfasts! To the west about the same distance is a nice Mexican Seafood type restaurant. Also excellent food at a very good price.

The park is basically a big parking lot type place with spaces fairly close together but plenty of room. There are hedges and trees between each space. Sometimes these trees can cause concern getting in and positioned just right but no big problem. They are mostly pull-thrus. The turns are all 90 degree but big wide access roads. We do have a triple slide rig and have had no trouble getting into any of the sites they've given us.
I think you'll like the park. Very nice folks to work with.

Dennis and Mary Kay
Old 06-23-2005, 11:03 AM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Thanks guys we will let you know next week how it all comes out.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:13 PM   #8
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
One small correction on the name of the cafe.... it is the Harvard St. Café. But you can't miss it. I ride my cart to both place all the time. No problem. Good access in both places.

I can't think of the Mexican Seafood place but it is on Peck Ave. By the way that is the exit you want to take to get to the park. At the second light make a right and the park is just 75 to 100 yards on your right. If no car is exiting the park you have a huge driveway to enter. Then just follow the signs... you'll make a right and there's a little parking place for registering. Enjoy your stay.

HamRad