Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
KFC 'Double Down' sandwich

Well, I stopped and tried to order two of them. 4 young 'KFC girls' were sitting at a table out front when I came in the door, one finally peeled off after apparently losing the 'who has to wait on the gomer' bet. She must have been a new hire, as she had to ask numerous questions of the older girl whose light blue shirt has obviously been wadded up damp in the laundry, as it had not one square inch without severe wrinkling. It was rather artistic in it's own disturbing way. I stood for 1/2 hr as 6 cars were served in the drive-up, optimistically thinking at any minute I would get my order; 2 breadless sammies and 2 small mashed 'taters. Finally I got my sack, it was light, so before I left the place, I checked the bag. One 'Meaty Double-Down' & 2 orders of 'taters.
I went back to the counter and asked where my other sandwich was. "Oh, sorry" was the reply. I got it 10 minutes later and bolted for the door.
When we ate the sandwiches, I had no Bacon, very little cheese, and a triple order of salt. Very disappointing, not what the Colonel would have in mind, I am sure. I will have to forgo the salt-shaker for the next week. Never again.
Chili's Chicken Fried Chicken has been the best of that type of food we have had.
Save your money folks, KFC? Forgetta-bout-it.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
I guess they don't realize that they work at a "FAST FOOD" restaurant.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
They seem to not even care Ozz! I'd get a hold of the franchise office there and let them know about the service and not even getting what you ordered-- even the second time! They just ain't like the Colonel any more! He's probably rolling over in his grave! I head for Popeyes anymore if I want chicken and I get my redbeans and rice too! Yummmmmm!!!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good call. I just filled out their customer feedback form, I, as a businessman try and help the owners, as you said, not what the Colonel would have in mind.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:19 PM   #5
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
KFC Processed chicken............ I dont go there at all, Popeye's or Church's Chicken. and thats if I want chicken which is very seldom, my wife makes it better. I'll eat hers.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #6
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
We also like and prefer Popeye's. It's time consuming and messy to fry it at home...then you always gotta make the gravy, too.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
Being over 65 I believe I am entitled to be an old crummungeon. Any time I have bad service I immediately if not sooner ask for the manager on duty and express my displeasure about the service I recieved. I also go on line and fill out the customer quetionaire. Unless we speak up the bad service will continue.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Dave, I'm with you. In my situation, the manager was in the Blue severely wrinkled shirt, and just couldn't have cared less.
I did go on line and fill out the form.
I also had a problem about 6 month's ago with Red Lobster, they evidently didn't care, as they did not respond.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:38 AM   #9
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
The KFC here in Bastrop folded its tent and left-----wonder why?
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #10
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

I seldom visit the KFC, it just isn’t on my list of the better places I enjoy. One thing I started doing years ago when placing an order for fries at any fast food place is most of the time I order the fries without salt. They simple place way too much salt on them most of the time and the added salt doesn’t help with high B/P anyway. This also causes them to give me hot fires for the order and I seldom get cold ones that way. Sometimes at the drive thru they will even give me salt to put on them even when I ordered without salt. This over a period of time has created a taste for eating them without salt and therefore I seldom add salt after getting the order.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #11
cbgaloot
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10337
That sounds like typical service in the Alexandria LA area.

We recently moved to Panama City FL and are still shocked when we get great service anywhere.
Recently my wife and I were eating at a Chik fil A (sp?) a nice young lady offer to refill our drinks. We were so shocked we almost couldn't figure out how to say yes. But thankfully that is the norm here.

I guess the moral of this ramble is....Just because one KFC is ran like a hippy commune doesn't mean they all are.
cbgaloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:32 AM   #12
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
cbgaloot, I was impressed the first time..and second time, I went to Chik fil A (I don't know either..) The service is well rehearsed, it is an 'upscale' fast food franchise. I stopped at one when exploring San Antonio one afternoon. I was so impressed, I took Sue the next day. We try to keep fried foods to a minimum, and there isn't one anywhere around here, so haven't been to one lately. I'm glad you brought them up. We have a weatherman here in K.C. Gary Lezak; he absolutely loves the Chicken eatery, and talks about them all the time.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:23 AM   #13
bear
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9827
OZZ

NO! NO! Fast food NO! Live long, no fast food .

Boy this IN and OUT burger is GOOD!!!!!!

David (bear) Swarat
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:00 AM   #14
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ha! This reminds me what Willie Nelson said about life, something about; If I knew I was going to live so long, I would have taken better care of myself... But I imagine he still would smoke bales of pot like he does now.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:12 AM   #15
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Ozz, I saw the add for the new KFC Double Down sandwich in a magazine. Looking for the ad, I'll just eat the paper instead of trying the sandwich after reading your experience!
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:16 AM   #16
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
The sandwich is not to bad Dennis! There's no bun or bread and you'd better be hungry! I only ate half of mine and I was full! I could just feel the grease flowing into my veins when I was eating it however!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote