Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Brrr it's cold outside! Winter Camping
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2008, 03:16 AM   #1
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Mr Heater

I know its been talked about in the past but your thought about Mr Heaters. I work camp in east Central Illinois. Do you like those heaters or would ceramic type work better? Thinking about safety I would not use either at night and am not to worried about tip over as I have no pet or kids around. The consent heat and 100% efficient looks like a good source of energy?

Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:42 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Mr Heater is a propane heater and should not be used inside. Besides using up the oxygen we all need to survive it will also leave carbon monoxide, a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas, behind. Using a Mr Heater inside is like committing suicide.
YES we all have CO detectors and hopefully it will work but until it does you will be breathing in a colorless, odorless gas that can be fatal to human beings if inhaled.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:13 AM   #3
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Thanks Glenn I have looked over the manufactures site and the heater may be used with window or sealing vent. I would never use at night and depend on a detector to alert me of a hazard.
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:52 AM   #4
TexasTraveler
Established Member

M.O.C. #7892
Please don't take a chance on using the propane heater inside. Its not worth the risk.
We use a radiator style, oil filled heater available from WalMart that does an excellent job.
TexasTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:47 AM   #5
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TexasTraveler

Please don't take a chance on using the propane heater inside. Its not worth the risk.
We use a radiator style, oil filled heater available from WalMart that does an excellent job.
I second using an oil filled radiator!!!
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote