Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
South Padre Island, Texas; space available

Sue and I are staying in K.C. this Winter, been working on the house almost non-stop. Spending, not saving. Also, I have a few bids in I may get, new refrigeration equipment for a new restaurant, and wiring up a new expansion on another.
Isla Blanca Park; a nice county park on the beach, $400 a month, plus electrical. nice long wide lot, many there are really small.
we have it reserved from Nov. 1 to April 1 of 09.
Let me know if you want it for any or all the time, I will call and cancel the end of the month. It will go quick.
I don't want anything for the lot, pay the county each month, just don't run over my new fence...
(Hey, it made it through the Hurricane)
Let me know, so I can coordinate my cancel, with your 'I want Jim's space' call.
Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:59 AM   #2
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Going to miss your photos on the beach Ozz. LOL
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:21 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
We will miss taking them, the beach bars will take yet another economic hit...
Old 10-13-2008, 02:58 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Awww! Come on down Ozz!!!!!!!!!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:13 AM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Ozz, where ya gonna surf fish in KC???? Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:38 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I just got the OK for my electrical job on the expansion, so I guess I am really committed now.
Wayne, Sue and I may sneak out of the mid-west and head to Arizona or New Mexico if we get cabin fever later on this Winter.
Dave, I will be in the K.C. BBQ mode this Winter, ribs, brisket, and all things unhealthy.
Texas BBQ doesn't have our seasoned smoked, meat-laden yummy beans, or our big fat fries.
I may have to stop at Arthur Bryant's today.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
You ain't eat BBQ at the right place in Texas yet then.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #8
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Right on Stiles.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:43 PM   #9
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
What Stiles said! We had spare ribs at a smokehouse between Rockport and Aransas Pass a couple weeks ago. MMmmmm good. The beans had big old chunks of link sausage in them. Only thing, we had tater salad. Oh man, I can eat a tater salad sammich!

BTW, OZZ, if DW wasn't working here, we might take a look at that. I would love to be out on the island, but I wouldn't want to leave in 6 months.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:38 PM   #10
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Ozz,

They better not run over the fence, or the plants Sue has left. Your spot is beautiful, and I am sure it will go fast once you let it go. Will you be able to get it back for next year if you let it go? One of the adjuster we worked with stayed in the park once it opened. Just curious, how much did you pay for a kilowatt? Still thinking our $194.00 electric bill was a bit high at Fun n Sun.

You are always welcome to pull your Montana to our area and park for as long as you want. We even have a generator now that can power you, since we don't have a plug.

As for those beans....... hmmm I never answered your post about the Salt Lick and the beans. Maybe I need to do a search and pull it back up and respond. We had good BBQ with you guys, but I still love my cole slaw and potato salad.

Glad to see that you are pulling in some bucks to replace the funds going out.

The RV park we are in now is the closest we have ever been to a neighbor. We can't even put our awning out because the rig next to us parked on the edge of their pad and have a slide. Our awning would be on top of their slide if we put it out. It was the only thing we could find at the time we got down here so we are just living with it.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:19 PM   #11
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Ozz,
Y'all had a bad tour guide if you didn't get good BBQ and Beans.
Now I must say that the best darned beans I have ever had is every time the wife makes 'em.
if 'n y'all get down this way, I'll see if I can trick her into fixing a pot fer ya.

Then I'll take you out for a taste test at one of the local places. They are close, but not like DW's.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #12
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Ozz, With all of the improvements you and sue put into the spot I would love to take it. I just can't figure out how to get that much time off.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:38 AM   #13
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Well folks, I hope someone gets to stay there, it is probably one of the best sites in Isla Blanca. Colleen, we paid 13 cents per. which I think is about average around there, sorry your site is so tight there.
Stiles, I love my BBQ, I expected great BBQ in Texas, we probably tried 10-15 places, always asking folks where we stayed which area spot is the best. I remember up in Amarillo driving 20 or so miles from our RV park to one, I think they bought the ham at Piggly Wiggly, or somewhere and just laid it out on their back counter, also the beans were just pork and beans. Bummer. We tried the Salt Lick by Austin, over in Driftwood Springs, (where Colleen worked when they first opened) the Brisket was to die for, but that was it. I wrote a story about it, I will post it in 'Around the campfire'.
Next trip to Texas, I will ask for spots to try from you folks that have 'been there, done that'.
Ozz