Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hodak Zoegel

I was tossing and turning this morning, around 5:30, right before my peepers opened up. You know how it is, laying there, mind wandering all over the place. I was thinking about being in a new place here, away from the neighbors I have lived around for years, the few friends we have there, in Kansas City, the business friends we got to know are mostly all gone now, moved, relocated to other areas, and new jobs elsewhere.
The ’footprint’ in life we leave, really disappears rather quickly. Maybe a Henry Ford, or a past president, Hemmingway, those names you know and remember. We didn’t know them, but the name and what we have learned about them stays with us.
We meet people here and there now, people move in for a week, we talk, get to know them a little, hear a few of their stories and experiences.
Last year when we were staying in Lake Havasu, a lady dropped by after we were settled in after a few days, Ronnie was her husband’s name, hers may come to me. She was so nice, she went out of her way to make us a friend, show us around the Rv park, introduced us to other neighbors. She could not see well, probably in her early 60’s. She went to Mexico and brought back a mess of medicine for us, I still have a bottle of generic Prilosec capsules left. Darned if I can remember her name. Wish I could.
Not really trying to be morose, but some of us will drift through retirement not impacting others’ life much, not leave a lasting legacy, I, being one of them.
My name may as well be Hodak Zoegel.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:23 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
C'mon Ozz, give yourself from credit, you are a great inspiration to all of us MOCers who have any mechanical aptitude at all. Well I least I can positively that you are an inspiration to me. Bottom line, you are affecting people's lives, as evidenced by the impact you have had on mine therefore by reasoning I think others as well. Keep the chin up and keep on keepin' on, we expect and will accept nothing less!!!!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
What you dont really know is when you may be leaving a good large footprint and a good lasting impression. That can sure happen when you least expect it. Be careful what you might ask for, you said awhile back you are what you are, maybe--justmaybe--you should not change.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:16 AM   #4
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Don't change, Ozz. I can still see you riding your bike around the campground at Branson honking that oo-ga horn, giving that 100 watt smile and helping EVERYONE who you even thought might need a hand. You'll do, my friend. - Jim
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:31 AM   #5
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
OZZ: Hodak Zoegel now there is a name from the past. Thought I was the only one to ever drink with the gentleman. He did get me to buy more rounds than he did. Had a way with the ladies as I recall and was quick with the BS. May I run into him again.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:59 PM   #6
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
Ozz - we have not met - yet - but we are so looking forward to meeting you in Tuscon this Spring. I look forward to reading your posts and seeing what your latest project is --- you are a great inspiration. You definitely leave wonderfu; footprints!

See you in the Spring --- Julie & Les Fullerton
Les and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:32 PM   #7
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Just remember you are what you are. I think you are A legend in moc land. I am looking forward to bransom. bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:47 AM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
It's too bad we can't have a MOC campground, it would be nice to be surrounded by your friends. I guess we have a WWW.CG here, as we are surrounded by friends via computer. Thanks.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:54 AM   #9
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Ozz,
When we meet, I'm going to give you a big hug. Ok?

Besides, who could ever forget a handle "Ozz?" Click! Click! Are we in Kansas yet?

Thank you for being there when needed.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:51 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

Ozz,
When we meet, I'm going to give you a big hug. Ok?

Besides, who could ever forget a handle "Ozz?" Click! Click! Are we in Kansas yet?

Thank you for being there when needed.
You bet!
I enjoy your posts.
Hmmmm, I'm right across the border from Kansas, about 5 miles, maybe my family blew in from one of our midwest Tornados....
Old 12-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #11
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Ozz Man! While you're laying in bed tomorrow, mind wandering about people and places, just think that you could be up north here where it's snowing outside! No beach, no biking, no tiki bars open for a beer. Then thank your lucky stars you're where you choose to be, and in touch w/the many MOC friends you touch each day. BTW, I still love the story re. flip flop picture!!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:12 AM   #12
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Ozz, we too look forward to meeting you early next year. Enjoy your well written posts and have copies several of you mods. Always a good sense of humor. Yes you are surrounded by MOC friends here at the WWW.MOCCampground.com.

Now you don't want to be Hodak Zoegel, I did a google search on him, and found Nada, Zilch, nothing, not one hit. But when I did a Google search on our buddy Ozz, 1,390,000 hits.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:05 AM   #13
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Very nice, thanks.
It was strange, that morning when I was half awake, the name came to me. I repeated it over and over in my mind, my mind must indeed be a scary place.....