Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ice maker went Tango Uniform

I just expect it anymore... what is going South today, I axe myself..
I just lived with the non-functioning ice size selector, I wanted to try smaller ice, machine says no I don't. I says OK.
Then it wasn't satisfied with that, it started stinking like plastic burning... never a good sign. So I says to myself "Hershel, if it burns up, catches on fire, I'll just toss it out the door" It stopped stinking when it found out that didn't bother me. So it took a week or so to figure out another way to ruin my day, it stopped making ice. I shut it down, turned it back on, it made ice.
At this point, I am just throwing in the towel, it won.
Back to Target it goes.
I know what it is all about now, I spent $140 or so for it, they are on sale now for $120.
All of it's little transistors and diodes are laughing at me now, but I don't care anymore, I just expect it.
Now it is quiet without its constant humming and dropping ice... that is irritating me.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:16 AM   #2
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
I know you have to return it, but sometimes there is great satisfaction from a BAH......that's a Big Azz Hammer. Yep just beat the living daylights out of it...lol lol hmmm maybe I have anger issues lol lol. Course with my luck a piece would fly off and put my eye out......
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:17 AM   #3
drsmart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10690
Ozz, your sense of humor is priceless

Why not build a stand up routine as part of the scheduled park entertainment, where ever you may be, that would MOC, no pun intended, all the things that go wrong while living in an RV or while on the road with an RV. Not sure if you'd ever run out of material.

Dave
drsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:46 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks Dave, you are right about not running out of material, but I don't think I could do that in person, probably have a breakdown right on stage..
Old 11-25-2012, 07:18 AM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
OZZ- I gave up on the Target icemakers and broke down and bought one from Camping World and have had no problems with it. I had two of them from Target and yah they are cheaper but they seem to go TU within about 3-4 months if not less with any use. I had one go bad before I even took it out in the Monte while it was sitting on the cabinet in the S & B kitchen checking it out. I went with the Domenic(sp?) and with the extended warranty from CW have had no problems SO FAR. We'll see when we take off for the Southwest this January. Also are you using distilled water in your units? That water down there in the SW is pretty hard and can mess up an icemaker pretty good if the water is not distilled or atleast softened a whole lot.

Dave(steelpony5555)-- That's what safety glasses are for when using dangerous things like a hammer or something else like that to pursuade something to work!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #6
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
OZZ, I always look forward to your posts...both informational and entertaining!!
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Rondo, we thought we would give Target a try, since they are everywhere. Bought the $17.00 warr. on it. Time will tell, but as I see it, probably one or two companies make them, just package and brand them differently.
PackerFan, thanks I'm just an old country boy trying to make my way in the city..
Old 11-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #8
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Ozz, you seem to be having more than your share of grief lately...wish you better luck ahead.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Sue looked at me this morning, and told me she would let me fight with Target.
We got there and went to the return desk, some humorless drone was behind the counter, probably about 2 minutes from a breakdown after yesterday's returns. I was upbeat and as pleasant as I could manage, told her what the deal was: Broke, want another..free.
She said the return date on the receipt was 3 days ago, nothing she could do for me.
I lied: always works in a pinch, told her we were in lake Havasu for Thanksgiving, no Target up there, we drove down to stay here and got to Target store as soon as possible. No change in Target's policy for folks who do not have a Target within 200 miles. Can't help me, have to call the warranty people... tomorrow.
I explained to her that the warranty states someone is there 24-7 365 to resolve any problems. I explained we called yesterday and talked to the nice lady in the warranty department. I also explained the lady said I would have to call during business hours. Monday thru Friday 9:00 to 5:00. Drone flatly said she couldn't help me.
So, I went to the next level, I said I need the manager, now.
Turns out the manager was nearby listening to every word, she came over to the cash register, pushed a few buttons and told the Drone to give us the money. I smiled. Drone did not.
We are back in Tonopah, ice maker is making it's humming sounds, we are as happy as clams, going to make salsa, drink beer and watch football, if I can find some to watch.
Don't take no for an answer, if you are more of a pain in the keester than the next person, it might work, nothing to lose...

Old 11-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #10
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Ozz we have the same ice maker and same extended warranty. I figure ours will work for the next 2 years as our warranty covers that long. Day the warranty is expired is the day it will break. That is usually how it happens. I am not an extended warranty buyer but with the hx of these breaking we decided for 100 dollars for 2 years we would buy more than $50.00 of ice a year. Good luck with the replacement.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks Bill, I'm confused about the $100 for 2 yrs? What was your warr. cost?
Old 11-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #12
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Oh sorry $17.00 warranty and our Ice maker was $85.00 so we figure we have $100 in it. If it last 2 years, $50.00 a year.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:36 AM   #13
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ok, understand.
We are hooked now, LOVE that ice.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:28 AM   #14
thekennys
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11454
like daves standup idea and remember the gong show
we never found out who the unknown comic was---about your height---bag on head ?????
come out of the closet on this one
mikey
thekennys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #15
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by thekennys

like daves standup idea and remember the gong show
we never found out who the unknown comic was---about your height---bag on head ?????
come out of the closet on this one
mikey