Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2006, 10:59 AM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Move Dinning Table?

On my 2955RL the dinning table is too close to the window. It is screwed down to the slider floor, can I move it about 1-2 inches away from the window to better access the window and shades and then screw it back to the floor in the new location?

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:29 PM   #2
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
Bob and Nancy, we have the same problem that you have in our 2955 with the table being too close to the window. David and I always raise the shade together to keep the shade from getting caught on the curtain or getting messed up. It has happened. We certainly would like an answer to that question too about moving the table out just a little in order to be able to raise the shade with greater ease.
Countrygirl or Shirley
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Hi Bob and Nancy,

We have a 2980RL, and the first thing we did when we brought it home was to take the screws out of the table that hold it the floor. ( When travelling )We turned the table 90 degrees and put two chairs up agaist the wall under the dining room window and leave the other two chairs at home. Most of the time we eat outside if it's nice & if you have some one in for dinner we use a couple of lawn chairs. With the table turned it is easy to get to the back of the trailer and into the fridge when stopping along the road. When we are at a place for a few days or more we put the table back to the way it was, less the screws. Oh yea, when we travel I have put some I-hooks in the floor by the couch and by the front wall of the slide, and under the table top so I can buggee cord the table down. With that it dosen't move at all even on rough roads. Hope this helps.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 12:59 PM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
In our previous 3255RL we moved the table out slightly, just enough to give clearance for the shade. In the 3670RL that we now have, it was not a problem, but we have turned the table 90 degrees, so that we sit facing the side window. We leave two chairs at home. This seems to give us more space and easier access to the dining table.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:18 PM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We moved our dining table from the curbside slideout to the rear of the trailer. We have much more room there. Glen just screwed it down in its new position. He put screws into the original screwholes so that we could identify the position of the table if we wanted to move the table back. It's not necessary tho.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:50 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
We moved our dining room table into the corner and it has become our computer desk.

We used the same crews and screwed it back down.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:18 AM   #7
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
We have a 2004 3575 which already has a fairly large Desk 32 X 70" but we also have a 19 X 27 "beverage cart" we bring along with us and found that if we unscrewed the table, turned it 90 degrees, everything fits very well. We only take 3 of the four dining chairs with us, one for the desk and 2 for the dining table. I like the mobility of the table, but wish I could find a way to make it more sturdy without screwing it down again. Oh well, I guess we can't win them all.

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:42 AM   #8
ldunning
Established Member

M.O.C. #5692
I moved the table in our 2955 by just rotating it 90 degrees and placing it in the corner. I only carry 3 chairs, 2 on the kitchen side and 1 on the end near the sofa. When I moved it I just removed the wooden plugs and screws the replaced them after the table was relocated. It has worked well for us. My complaint with the original location was attempting to get into the chairs near the wall due to the leg braces for the table. When you turn the table be sure to put the extension end towards the sofa. Good Luck
ldunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:02 AM   #9
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
There are actually 2 or 3 different styles of tables that come in the Montanas. Our table has a large (too large) pedestal base, others have a trestle tables, either with an extension or without.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:16 AM   #10
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Thanks for all the info, but specifically what I wanted to know is there a problem screwing the table back into the slider floor at a slightly different location? I don't know whats under the carpet didn't want to hurt anything.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:14 AM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I think what everyone is trying to indicate from their responses is that you can move it wherever you want, as long as the screw holes aren't too close.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:38 PM   #12
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I moved ours out so that the shade could easily be moved up and down. Yes you can screw it back down without any problem. In fact, I move ours out and found that it was a little more difficult to walk past it with the slides in. So, yesterday I moved the table back to its original spot and will struggle with the shade as necessary. Actually, I leave the shade down all the time since I have my flat screen computer monitor sitting on the table when we are parked.

I had considered turning the table but in our rig that wouldn't work. We have a printer-copier on one side of the table in the corner and a laser printer on the floor on the other side of the table next to the sofa end and the wall.

Don't be afraid to experiment.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:36 AM   #13
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
You can move the table anywhere you want. I moved ours,the trestle table, turning it 90 degrees, but I didn't screw it back down. Just put two chairs in front of it and it rides just fine. We just completed a 2500 mile trip and had no problems with the table at all.
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:38 AM   #14
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
I have the same problem with my dining table, as a matter of fact I tried to raise the shade alone the other day at the campground and the white material started to slip out of the channel that joins it to the dark material, when I tried to put it back in before my wife saw it, it tore. Well let me tell you the boss was torqued to the max. I'm in the dog house.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:57 PM   #15
Bob C

M.O.C. #3010
We unscrewed the table in our 2002 2955, turned it, but didnot replace the screws. Never did have any problems with it moving. Later replaced it with a 42" dropleaf table. That provided many options for use. Again no problems. We traveled this way over 18000 miles. Have done the same in our 2005 3400. So far only 5600 +/- miles. We are impressed with the stability of our tables over all types of roads. Excess chairs are left at home.
Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:38 AM   #16
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
We moved our dining table to the rear window. Only two chairs are used. We can sit at the table & enjoy the view out the back window. Our two recliner chairs are in the slider. We can view TV better from them.

Lambchop
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:26 AM   #17
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Lambchop, that's what we did, too, and this is our first trip with the new arrangement. We really enjoy looking out the rear window while we eat or work on the computer. Our new loveseat and glider also arrived so we have an all new look. We are REALLY enjoying the loveseat as our original sofa/hideabed was so very uncomfortable. We're in heaven. The loveseat goes very flat so our little granddaughters are sleeping on it at night.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:05 AM   #18
Paul Severson
Established Member

M.O.C. #2677
At the western rally at Lake Siskiyou one couple ina 2955RL 2005 moved the table out two inched and rescrewed to the floor. There is plywood under the carpet so just predrill a new pilot hole for the screw. I am going to dothe same before the next trip we take. Getting to the curtain while doing the lean over the table is hard enough without having to fight the curtain also. Good luck.
Paul Severson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 03:30 AM   #19
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Bob, You are not going to hit anything in the floor. Use the same screws and you will be ok.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote