Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2005, 01:51 PM   #1
scrowba
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2570
MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust System

Hello Everyone,

I have been thinking of putting a MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust System on my new truck. Has anyone put this system on their rig? and did it improve your gas milage?
Thanks
Karl

scrowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 02:11 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I would love to put the banks system on my 05 350 V-10 ..but....it will void your warranty...check it out... Any add on you do will void the warranty... Do not beleive anything you might hear on this or any other forum...check it out with Ford...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 02:33 PM   #3
scrowba
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2570
Hey richfaa<
My dealer told me that since I am using the Cat-Back system, it is just like replacing the muffler amd it has no effect on my warranty. Were you going with a cat-back system of the full Banks setup?
scrowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:12 AM   #4
Montana_2304
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2304
Karl,
When I had my 2000 Chevy one ton, I replaced the system from the coverters back with Dynomax straight thru mufflers and 3" pipes (duals). I replaced the air cleaner with a K&N filter, this increased my gas mileage and also improved the performance of the 7.4 gasser. It made a noticeable difference, but was alittle loud, not any worse than my 7.3 PSD though.
Charlie and Sue
Montana_2304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:20 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
scrowba..I wanted to go with the full banks system on the V10. Did not ask the dealer called Ford Warranty department.They said ANY add on will/could void the warranty..Any add on could mean using regular oil instead of the blended synthetic they recommend.What that says to my old retired Government Employee brain is that if you do ANYTHING that Ford does not recommend during the warranty period they will void the warranty..I can't afford to take that chance....I have always used the K&N air filter, they DO make a difference..Note that the 05 KN filter for the V-10 is not yet out..The 04 filter IS NOT the same...www.knfilters.com also take a look at www.flatratetech.com Forum made up of automotive Tech's lots of good information there.. In fact you can ask about the warranty issue and you will get a reply from an expert.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 01:02 PM   #6
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
I have the MagnaFlow Cat Back system on my 2001 7.3 PSD, put it on three weeks after getting it new on 9-11-2001. Yes I watched it at the dealer that morning on there TV. The only thing I noticed about the Cat back system was it made the truck louder, not much help on fuel mileage. i also added the K&N filter that did seem to help with HP and fuel economy. The m,main reason I added the larger exshaust was I planned on adding the Hypertech programmer III, and wanted to make sure that I got ride of the most heat I could. The biggest change that I made that really help everything was the Hypertech programmer III. Made it a new truck much much more HP and Torque and better fuel mileage by at least 4 MPG. I used stage two in the program mode, i also added a BD X Monitor to watch pyro and tranny temps. I was under the impression that Ford on the 2005 model had the larger tubes already on them?
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote