Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2005, 04:18 PM   #1
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
SuperGlide Oops!

I love my SuperGlide hitch, but I wonder if anyone else with one has had this happen. Twice now I've caught the wire for the trailer emergency brake in the action of the SuperGlide while making a sharp turn: once turning right, once turning left. Of course it immediately stopped the rig and it took my wife to figure out what happened (what would I do without her?!). I'm going to drill a hole in the pin box and put in an eye-bolt to run the wire through to keep it off the slide rails. Just wondered if anyone else had ever had this happen.

Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 05:41 PM   #2
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
I have a Reese Quick Slide, and that happend to me when I was trying to turn right around with the rig, of course, I was going so slow, and didnt realize it for like 10 minutes, and couldnt understand for the life of me why I could not back up or go forward LOL
It wasent until I got out of my truck TWICE that I realized what happened.
Montana_1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:02 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Hasn't happened yet and now that you've warned me hopefully it won't happen. Just gotta remember this when I hook up again the end of April.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 02:48 AM   #4
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
We put our's on the handle of our hitch, so far we haven't caught it on anything, but thanks to your incident I will know what to check.
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:36 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We have the Reese KwikSlide like Kozzy and tripped ours pulling into a campsite in a very busy KOA in Louisiana with God and everybody watching. And, of course, it took me at least ten minutes to figure it out.

I put in an eyebolt like you suggest for your superglide and have not had the problem since.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:29 PM   #6
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
Bill,

I also have a Pull-Rite, 20K. I have also had my cable yanked when turning sharp. Since the hitch turns with the trailer, I figured out that I don't need a long cable. so, I doubled the cable back through itself and fastened it directly to the hinge point on the stage (the flat plate on the hitch). No more problems with hooking on some part sticking out.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 04:12 PM   #7
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
Thanks Folks,
before we put the rig back in storage tonight I looped the wire through the support brackets for the SuperGlide adaptor plate on the pin box before hooking it to the release lever. That took up enough slack so the wire won't get caught in the slide mechanism, worked great. Problem solved without resorting to the use of tools.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote