Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2015, 09:29 AM   #1
feseib
Established Member

M.O.C. #15895
Bed room escape window disappeared.

I have a 2014 High Country 343 RL. I just noticed that my bedroom small escape window has disappeared. Has anyone had this happen before. A dealership told me it is not uncommon for one to blow off. Any ideas where I can find one fairly quick. I'd rather not wait the fuve weeks Keystone takes to send one then the 3 wk wait for the dealer to install. TIA for info.

feseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:22 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
It has been commonly reported, I can't help you get a part quicker. Hopefully someone else can provide an answer.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:33 PM   #3
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
From my experience this post will not help, but think I should say it anyway. Don't know of a fast replacement, most windows are made specific for the particular brand and model, and this is the reason the length of time. I believe replacement windows are manufactured specific for Keystone and shipped to them, then reshipped to repair facility. When we got the back and side windows blown out in what was called a microburst downdraft in Amarillo we used Pink Grapefruit cardboard boxes with the glazed pink side facing out. As I remember it took maybe 6 weeks to get them to repair shop. Hope your wait time is less.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:09 PM   #4
feseib
Established Member

M.O.C. #15895
Hey, thanks for the responses. I'll get it to a shop tomorrow and get the process started. Amazing thing, since I didn't even know it was missing for a week until today, is that we had more than 20" of rain between Friday and Sunday and the bedroom isn't wet. Just the way the wind blew I guess.....
feseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:56 PM   #5
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Sounds like there was a silver lining to your "cloud". Hope you're able to get it repaired quickly.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by feseib

Hey, thanks for the responses. I'll get it to a shop tomorrow and get the process started. Amazing thing, since I didn't even know it was missing for a week until today, is that we had more than 20" of rain between Friday and Sunday and the bedroom isn't wet. Just the way the wind blew I guess.....
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:59 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I got one from Kenro I had an escape window with no screen, so I bought a new one with a slider in it from them
http://s112.photobucket.com/user/Jim...tml?sort=3&o=5
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:15 PM   #7
Mike117
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #16033
I have the exact year and model. Mine is still there.
Mike117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:44 PM   #8
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
We were headed for the Fall Rally a couple years ago and the other couple we were following were ahead of us about 50 yards. We thought we saw something fly off their unit. As we passed the spot the DW spotted their bedroom escape window laying in the ditch. We pulled over, picked it up(luckily it had not broke or bent at all and landed in a bunch of tall grass), got on the walkie and told them to pull over because they lost something. While at the Rally, Keystone replaced their window with a new one. I have heard but cannot confirm this but they say it you open that window numerous times for fresh air while sitting, it weakens the hinges and they give way eventually.
fesib-- You might want to Google RV Salvage stores down there and see if someone MIGHT have the exact window you need. I know the one's up in Michigan have all kinds of salvage windows up there from what we saw on our visit there over the past several years. Give it a try and see what you can come up with from salvage stores around your location.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:45 PM   #9
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Seems someone mentioned about the recent Montana rally that there were several RV salvage and parts places near Elkhart where the rally was held. Maybe someone can provide some names.

If the weather is nice we always open our bedroom escape window for fresh air flow. Once I even forgot to latch it when I closed it and did not find out until after a day's travel. Did the hinges break? Come off? ????
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 04:22 AM   #10
1Happycamper
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6880
Here are a few names of salvage yards.
Goshen In--Double D
White Pigeon Mi--Bontragers Supply
--Johnsons Salvage
Bronson Mi--Bottom Dollar Salvage
All are with in a half hour of Shipshewana In.
1Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:15 PM   #11
parover74

M.O.C. #17836
If you have the frame, any local glass shop can cut and install the glass.
parover74 is offline   Reply With Quote