Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2019, 08:05 AM   #41
2golfers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4579
This is my second Montana. My first being a 2006 which we traded in on this unit. We got a good trade in price and now I know why. My 06 was taken in for repairs 1x during all those years and that was for minor things after purchase. This new 3120 20th anniversary edition has been at the dealer more than I have had it. The last big issue is the breaks broke apart. Keystone is reimbursing us for the repairs, but probable because this happened while we were having conversations with keystone about other repairs that we need them to cover. Our floor "floats" when we use our heater. We are not only loosing heat but this heat has stretched the linoleum causing bubbles in the floor. Has been in for repairs for this same issue 3x and still not repaired. The next step is to replace linoleum. now we all know that the floors are put in first before anything, so how would they get that under the cabinets and sealed correctly. I feel that doing this would cause ore issues.

We were looking a Valano 5th wheel made by Tiffin a family owned and operated and still made in Alabama. Where the family makes the motor coaches. We have talked to several owners and they are all happy with the units. One customer said he called the company about an issue, they told him to bring it to them and if they can't fix they would build him a new one. May have to pay a little more but for that kind of service, It may be worth it, and they do have this same floor plan.

MOC #4579
2golfers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:07 PM   #42
wade
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22358
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
These issues are everywhere. You just can’t hire quality people. I have a friend in the machine shop business like me. He said he needed a good machinist. I ask why he didn’t hire someone he said “they don’t exists” and that is in every industry and trade.
What are we doing sending kids to college to work at Walmart and can’t find people to fill good jobs. No wonder manufacturing is going overseas. Are we nuts!
Lynwood
the young adults of today are getting lazy and all want a cushiony job. Thie afraid to break a sweat or get dirty. We are hard up for skilled workers up here in maine also. Can't find anybody.
wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:13 PM   #43
wade
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22358
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2golfers View Post
This is my second Montana. My first being a 2006 which we traded in on this unit. We got a good trade in price and now I know why. My 06 was taken in for repairs 1x during all those years and that was for minor things after purchase. This new 3120 20th anniversary edition has been at the dealer more than I have had it. The last big issue is the breaks broke apart. Keystone is reimbursing us for the repairs, but probable because this happened while we were having conversations with keystone about other repairs that we need them to cover. Our floor "floats" when we use our heater. We are not only loosing heat but this heat has stretched the linoleum causing bubbles in the floor. Has been in for repairs for this same issue 3x and still not repaired. The next step is to replace linoleum. now we all know that the floors are put in first before anything, so how would they get that under the cabinets and sealed correctly. I feel that doing this would cause ore issues.

We were looking a Valano 5th wheel made by Tiffin a family owned and operated and still made in Alabama. Where the family makes the motor coaches. We have talked to several owners and they are all happy with the units. One customer said he called the company about an issue, they told him to bring it to them and if they can't fix they would build him a new one. May have to pay a little more but for that kind of service, It may be worth it, and they do have this same floor plan.
They have several you tube videos on these. 5th wheels, seem like a good choice for sure
wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 06:48 PM   #44
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
Wicked 1 Keystone will not sell you parts because they do not stock parts. Look at the number of brands and models Keystone manufactures they could not build a warehouse big enough. They will tell you to order through your dealer and the dealer will order directly from the vendor who supplies the parts.

We have had two Montana's since 2006 and we have had problems but nothing of the magnitude you have experienced. We did not purchase from CW nor would we have considered it
I asked Keysone "Who supplies the led lights?" They REFUSED TO GIVE THE MANUFACTURER's name! Only to drive 200 miles to my dealer...BS!
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:41 PM   #45
Rick Leary
Established Member

M.O.C. #20075
Send a message via AIM to Rick Leary Send a message via MSN to Rick Leary Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Leary
Montana Quality Concerns

It is really sad to read all of the negative comments about the state of quality in the RV industry. I own a 2015 Montana 3610 RL and I wouldn't trade it for love or money! It has absolutely been flawless! In every respect! But the quality of the build today leaves a lot to be desired. I don't know why the manufacturers aren't held to a higher standard. If they were accountable for long term market share like auto/light truck Mfrs are this would be a very different story. And while I'm not a fan of government intervention I wonder if the consumer wouldn't be better served if protections were in place for those of us who trusted the hype. Maybe it's time to act.....
Rick Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:59 PM   #46
jarnold60
Established Member

M.O.C. #24316
Well said!
jarnold60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:46 PM   #47
Cushing872
Established Member

M.O.C. #24837
Quote:
Originally Posted by David T View Post
I purchased my 4th Montana this year. When we arrived home from dealer both closet doors had vibrated out of tracks. When we flushed toilet water sprayed out of back and soaked floor. Kitchen sink leaked and soaked everything under cabinet. Tailights fill with water when it rains and I have to remove and dry. Awning does not close in track properly. Bought in Fla. and live in Mi. Dealers here don't want to work on rig purchased from Lazy days. Fixing most items myself but not happy with quality. First 3 montanas were quite nice with very little maintenance.
It don’t matter what you buy. Our first rig was a 2011 392BHS Openrange. We had so many problems with that rig. How about four roofs for starters. I won’t even bother you the details. In fact, Openrange was bought out by Highland. Four years after fighting on many things, Highland inspected the coach and found major issues wrong. They did nearly 10k in repairs and I only had to pay 2300 of it.
Cushing872 is offline   Reply With Quote