Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2018, 03:58 PM   #21
pyoung47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20913
Can you imagine taking your new truck in for warranty issues and waiting three months for the repair. I can’t imagine why these RV people don’t want to turn out more work. More work/more profit I would think. Is it just to discourage customers from reporting warranty issues?

pyoung47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:34 PM   #22
Bacfyr

M.O.C. #16097
Quick question and I may have missed it, have you checked the water in the batteries?
Bacfyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:33 PM   #23
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacfyr View Post
Quick question and I may have missed it, have you checked the water in the batteries?
Yup all good. Old ones and new ones !
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:01 AM   #24
alherbel
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21735
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoung47 View Post
Can you imagine taking your new truck in for warranty issues and waiting three months for the repair. I can’t imagine why these RV people don’t want to turn out more work. More work/more profit I would think. Is it just to discourage customers from reporting warranty issues?
seems that dealers #1- have more sales related work of getting them ready, than they have for service (either warranty or drop in service); and #2 - use service work as a fill-in when other high end (ROI type {return on investment} work) is either completed or is secondary to primary mission (sales related) work.
. . . THIS is where KIND words, Understanding but gentle persistent progress Inspection from you of Your unit, pays off. IF one drops unit and does no follow-up, it sends a message of little care when problem fixed (if You don't care, why should They?)... In my humble opinion.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:29 AM   #25
darrylwt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2Die View Post
2018 3920FB

So a little back story, CW had the coach for about 3 months fixing warranty issues, I stopped by one time to check progress and the batteries (2) were completely drained, (the batteries CW gives for all the trailers im sure they aren't the best) and needed to be plugged in to open the slides. Fast forward to today I go to open the trailer and it is plugged in and opening the hydraulic slides the voltage drops to 12 and under and the in command system shuts down and reboots and keeps doing it over and over again, I plug it in give it a few minutes and the slides come back in.

My thought please correct me if im wrong but the batteries were worn down to absolute zero and more then likely ruined the batteries permanently. Seems they will not hold a charge at all. Im assuming the coach is doing its best to charge the batteries. Is it worth pulling them out and putting on a slow charger or just bite the bullet and get some AMG batteries and call it a day ?

Thoughts, suggestions..? Thanks everyone !!

Tony
I went with three Lithium Battle Born 100ah each plus a 265 watt solar panel with a cutoff switch and the Lithiums will stay charged for a year and if they are drained completely won't hurt them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7237.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	2884   Click image for larger version

Name:	7239.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	2885  
darrylwt is offline   Reply With Quote