Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2017, 09:40 PM   #1
h2ojocky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13025
A/C Upgrade

Has anyone added an Easy Start 364 soft start to their A/C unit? I have read that it will allow a 15,000 BTU unit to run from a single Honda EU2000.

h2ojocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:36 PM   #2
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
yep

I bought this with high expectations to run the 15,000 with one gen but it will no start mine. It try's real hard but the overload light eventually comes on and it drops out. Then I thought about it if it did start it the little 2000 would be running at full bore and you could get nothing else to work and what good is that, even my inverter draws up to 6 amps at times so it might start some but you have no left over capacity. Soooooooooo if one is good then 3 must be better. It does help and I fell it`s worth it. If I`m running 2 2000`s and other items are on it will start it and runs fine and not use all the capacity. If I have all 3 running I can hardly notice a dip or rise in RPM unlike before even with both A/C`s running. I bought the circuit board only which is much cheaper and just wired it into the compressor junction box, simple.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0648.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	287.9 KB
ID:	532   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0659.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	533  
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote