Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2005, 07:43 AM   #1
zzuroweste1
Established Member

M.O.C. #3581
3400rl Leak under shower pan

I have a subtle leak under my shower pan where it connects to the drain pipe...what kind of tools can I use to get in that small space to tighten it up...or is there another problem lying here that I don't see. Please let me know of any experiences you all may have had...thanks

zzuroweste1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 09:56 AM   #2
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
I had the same leak.....it was too hard to get at so I took it back to a repair shop to have fixed. I also had leaks under the tub's faucet base and around the walls in the shower. All were fixed and no further problems. It was just poor factory work.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:07 AM   #3
zzuroweste1
Established Member

M.O.C. #3581
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by steves

I had the same leak.....it was too hard to get at so I took it back to a repair shop to have fixed. I also had leaks under the tub's faucet base and around the walls in the shower. All were fixed and no further problems. It was just poor factory work.
Thats what I was afraid of...I already had the other leaks you talked about fixed what a pain in the a?#.

How about a leak above the bedroom slide...making a slight water mark on the headboard...and third my drawers in the bedroom keep coming off the tracks...I don't fill them with lead but I do put clothes in them...any ideas...thanks again.
zzuroweste1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 01:15 PM   #4
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Be patient and get the unit back to your dealer and if necessary get Keystone involved. Once you get the wrinkles worked out you'll find the 3400 a very good functional design. I know these problems can be aggravating but from what I've seen and heard, initial problems can be encountered in all the manufacturer's units. At least Keystone is standing behind their product.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 07:29 PM   #5
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Guess there is a lot of this going around. Have had ours in three times to fix the leaky drain; the last time was at the factory in Aug. Took it to the dealer yesterday and the factory refused to honor their extended 90 warranty on their repairs! This was after waiting for five hours for preauthorization for 10 items--all poorly repaired at the factory. They only authorized three items. Just wonderful.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 03:28 AM   #6
Montana_3768
Established Member

M.O.C. #3768
I had the same leaks in the shower pan, around the sides and on the cold water side of the faucet. All were fixed by the dealer, the first time around, without any extra encouragement from me. I'm finding it is a pain and time consuming since I'm usually home only on weekends, but we love the layout and the comfort of the 3400. Fortunately, we seem to have a good dealer who is willing to make things work right. I just hope they are as good on the slide leaks.
Montana_3768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 06:25 AM   #7
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
We had the same type of leak. Just remove the covers along the bottom edge of the the shower pan and you can access the area easily. It turned out that it was a fitting that had been over-tightened at installation. I stopped by the dealer and he provided the needed fittings and I did the work. The whole job took less than an hour. This is the only problem we have had with our 3400 and it is 11 months old. We just love the unit.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:58 PM   #8
tennisdg
Established Member

M.O.C. #5058
i've had that problem with my shower drain when i got down to the southwest my buddy asked if i've had any problems with my coach, i told him about my shower drain, he promptly came down and checked out the problem. I guess at the factory they forgot how to use a jig saw he cut a bigger hole next to the drain then he used my big channel locks to tighen up the nut on the bottom all was fixed
tennisdg is offline   Reply With Quote