Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #21
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
We store ours under a metal carport that cost about $5,000 installed over the asphalt driveway that was already there. The only part of the Monty that gets sun every day is the front cap the rest never gets direct sun. I felt it was well worth the money.

Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #22
nowinter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9521
I store the Monty on my empty lot that we own across the street, with out a cover. I had covers for the last two SOB trailers and they were difficult to install, they ripped and did damage to the SOB trailers. I store the Monty across the street, placed on wood boards, battery is pulled and trailer is winterized. I hate to see snow on it. We were suppose to be in the warmer south this winter, but the DW has had a difficult time leaving work. Hopefully, next winter the Monty will be in a warmer climate, which it deserves (me too). My opinion is that covers do more damage then by not covering them. You still have to wash the trailer in the spring. In my opinion, the intense sun does more damage to a trailer then winter snow and ice.
nowinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #23
trlrboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7697
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...37302978OoBSOa

Keep ours in a storage yard, all concrete, covered and 30A.
trlrboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #24
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
We keep ours in a 20x40 pole building with a cement floor. It has 30 amp service. I winterize it and keep a battery charger hooked up. It is always ready to go and time we are!
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:37 AM   #25
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
We also store ours outside with the slides in and plugged into a 110v outlet. We also will occasionally check the battery to make sure it hasn’t gone dry.

Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #26
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Ours has been sitting outside since we got it and the folks we bought it from did the same thing. We don't cover it and just wash it down with Dawn(blue) and that's all we do. I do use awning cleaner on the awning but aside from that nothing else. I get up on top in the spring and scrub it down with a brush and a strong Dawn solution, small sections of the roof at a time and rince it good before proceeding to the next section but that's it! No covers-- no nothing! I do plan on putting up a barn this summer or next fall to house the Monte next winter however just to be able to work on it when the weather is cold here in Nebraska and I'm bored!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #27
Farmhawk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9080
I store ours in the 30 x 50 shop which is only heated when I'm working in it. Take out the perishables, blow the water lines, I leave it unplugged with the battery switch off. I use a Battery Tender to maintain the batteries.
Farmhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #28
tonycamacho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9300
Send a message via AIM to tonycamacho
Alot of the posters have indicated they place boards under the tires. I don't understand the benefits of that if there is still the weight of the trailer on the tires. We live Puerto Vallarta and I also have a piece of property just north of PV with a large roof covered storage and "Man Cave" work shop. When the Monty is there we use it sometimes on the weekends. The only thing I do differnt when it's in the storage is jack it up and place numberous jackstands under it to get the weight off the tires, I also remove the food and shutdown the frig. I don't worry about the batteries because we have full hook ups in the "man cave".
tonycamacho is offline   Reply With Quote