Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2005, 04:27 AM   #1
applejack
Established Member

M.O.C. #702
Slide Roof

I have a 2004 2980 and have noticed that the 2 inch tape that seals the rubber roof to the sidewall of the slide has come loose in places.
I recall a post last year on this subject but cannot locate it. Can anyone help?

applejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 05:30 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
applejack

Don't remember any specific thread on this, however, there have been any number of posts concerning the roof in the VERY front, over the front cap, and bubbles in general on the roof. Maybe a search (top of page)???

Have you contacted the dealer??? Roof material has a longer than 1 year guarantee, 12 maybe??

Might consider doing what we are trying to remember to do everytime we have a situation, READ YOUR WARRANTIES! We did this recently when the toilet broke and found out it was still under warranty, less than 12 hours later we had a new toilet and Al installed without too much trouble at all. We were very surprised the warranty was 3 years.

Good luck with your repair.

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 07:32 AM   #3
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Alex & Joan

If your still under warrenty let your dealer repair.If not under warrenty Eternabond tape will solve your problem.My one slide also had that little section come loose.Maybe 3 inches or so.i just put a peice of the tape down and its been fine ever since.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 06:43 AM   #4
applejack
Established Member

M.O.C. #702
Thanks Harleyrider, sounds like you have found a product that will work. Where did you buy the Eternabond tape?

Countryguy, the roof warranty is very misleading (probably on purpose). My warranty states that there is a 12 year warranty on the roof material, however only a 1 year warranty on the installation. My problem is a poor installation. As far as Im concerned the use of the tape on the slide roofs is a bad design as is the fabric covering on the bottom of the slides. These features are not meant to last for a long time past the expiry of the warranty.
applejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:17 PM   #5
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Alex & Joan

I bought the Eternabond tape at www.bestmaterials.com

Copperstate roofing supply company.bought it on line.A lot cheaper hteir then Camping world.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote