Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
Craig A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6228
Blue Ox Bedsaver problem

Anyone else ever have problem with the bedsaver for their hitch not matching up with holes in hitch? I ordered a BXR4100 to go on my 16K Reese hitch and when it got here, I had to drill out the side plates to make them match the holes on my hitch. I called Blue Ox and they were nice about it and set me up with a technician at the Tampa show to take measurements, I assume to have new side plates fabricated and sent to me, but they haven't confirmed that yet.

Craig A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Craig, I had the same thing with mine. Rather than stall all the extra time and effort of calling Blue Ox I just took a half inch drill and "wollered" it out. I have had no problems with it and it works just fine. The whole job only took a few minutes... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Same here...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
Craig A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6228
UPDATE: After calling Blue Ox Customer Service I agreed to meet with one of the technicians at the Tampa RV show today and he came out, took measurements, and told me to expect them to fabricate, paint, and send the proper side brackets to me within the next couple of weeks. If it all goes as planned, I will be impressed with Blue Ox Customer Service. I'll keep you informed.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #5
Craig A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6228
Got the new arms from Blue Ox today and everything fit great. Blue Ox came through on this and I recommend if anyone has issues with a Blue Ox product, call customer service, talk to them nicely, and work with them, they'll make it right.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Don't remember the brand of our bed saver. But this may help someone. We upgraded our RBW hitch from a 15 K to a 22 K RBW hitch and they do not make a bed saver to fit this hitch. We took our original bed saver to a metal fabricator and he did a beautiful job making it fit our new hitch. Cost
$ 150.00.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
ehmcfarl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8206
I had the same problem with a Blue Ox Pin Saver. The holes did not want to line up correctly. Blue Ox sent me a whole new replacement Pin Saver. After getting the replacement I realized that the problem was that the person that put the first unit together had torqued a couple of bolts too tight and caused the unit to be in a bind and the mounting holes would not line up. But, the bottom line was that Blue Ox was terrific to work with and they did what was needed to satisfy the customer.
ehmcfarl is offline   Reply With Quote