Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
New Dog

Well, it's been over a year since we lost our Golden Retriever Sam. We certainly miss him but feel we have passed the grieving stage. Cathy's sister has a friend who trains service dogs. Cathy went on a christian retreat with this woman.

She has been training a yellow lab for almost two years and the day came for final testing. Found out the dog was attacked by a small dog when she was younger and is now skittish around small dogs and it has disqualified her from graduating. These dogs must be perfect in order to pass the final exam.

We have had our name on the list for a dog such as this since Sam passed away. We were notified the dog is ours and we are both very excited to get her. She will be spayed Monday and once she recoups we will be able to get her. Cathy will fly to California to see family and bring her back. Her name is Villa. We feel blessed as this dog has had so much training it will work out very well. I will have to continue to work with her to overcome her anxiety over small dogs.

This will be like having a small child around again and we are aware of and willing to accept the additional responsibilities. We look forward to having another dog in the family and all the walks. I have put on 20 pounds since we lost Sam. Of course, I get to do the last walk of the day and Cathy the first of the day, then we will enjoy our daily walks together.

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:37 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Congrats, enjoy the new family member, post photos!!

Cappy, Tilly and Gallagher send MOC barking welcomes, even if they are small dogs!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #3
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
What exciting news. Know the feeling of going through the grieving stage. We had a Lasha Apso 30 years ago, which had to be put down due to old age and bad health, I said I would NEVER have another dog because it hurts too much when you lose them. Like losing a member of the family. Well as they say Never say NEVER. We now have our new Shih Tzu puppy, Panda (5 months old), which many of you met at the Rally in VA or Goshen. She is the joy of our life and we are truly enjoying the extra exercise of walking her which I really needed. Enjoy your new family member. Dogs are always so happy to see you when you come home and also render unconditional love.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #4
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Phil & Cathy,

Congrats. Sounds like the "purfect" dog for you.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:24 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Very glad at your good fortunes!! We alsp pined for canine companionship when we had to have our Shih-Tzu put down a couple of years ago (15 wonderful years). Now we have a forty pound bouncing ball of solid energy for companionship and would not know how to get along without her. Congratulations!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #6
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Congratulations Phil and Cathy,we have two Labs a Chocolate and a Yellow and their the most loving dogs,especially around children.
Enjoy them!
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:08 PM   #7
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Great new, however Delaine and me could tell that Villa was going to get a great home by the way you guys talked at our visit to your place the other day. Phil your lucky I get the early walk and the late walk. But I to need the extra walk. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Phil and Cathy,
Congratulations on the new "child." It is like having one, isn't it? Miya says to have Villa come over and play once in a while. Miya loves to play. We go to puppy parks whenever we can, and try to find CG's that have fenced in dog runs, so she can exercise by herself, if you know what I mean. I get to do the potty walks, but Earlene will do the power walks.

Stop by and play sometime!
Miya
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #9
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Phil and Cathy,

Congratulations on your newest family member!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:48 AM   #10
kroencke
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8171
Congratulations! Our beloved beagle, Roy, passed 5 weeks ago. He was 14 1/2. Still haven't recovered. We usually have a break down about every couple days. So lonely with him not around but want to wait "Till our hearts heal" before we get another pet.
kroencke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #11
nghelwer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7751
Congrats on your new member of your family. Hope this new member fills the void of your last friend.

nghelwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:05 AM   #12
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Nothing better than having a pet. They listen to everything you have to say, and then they don't put their two cents in when you are fininshed.

We just have one cat now, but he thinks he is a dog!! You don't realize how much a part of your life they are until you lose one.

Congrats on the new family member.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #13
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Phil & Kathy,

Congratulations on the new dog. I am sure that Sam would approve. Hope we can get Villa and Raider together somewhere down the road.

Grant & Kathy
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:42 PM   #14
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Congratulations! on your new family member! Sounds perfect for you.
Pictures please.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:19 PM   #15
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Thanks to all for the kind words. Cathy leaves Tuesday for California to see her ailing dad (Esophageal cancer), and to pick up Villa and bring her back. Needless to say, we are getting anxious to get this done and get her back here. I will hold down the fort and feed and entertain the other furball, Sunny our 18 lb domestic shorthair cat.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:15 PM   #16
2golfers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4579
Phil & Cathy,
Congrats on the new member of your family, Rascal, our golden you met at Tucson, is in Texas w/our grandson, he spent the summer w/us and he and rascal became unseperatable. We still have Jill w/ us. I know your excited and we're happy for you,

Virgil & Pat
2golfers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:49 AM   #17
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
An 18# cat?? Man oh man...sounds like Garfield...LOL
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:04 AM   #18
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Yeah, Bruce, but he's not fat, just big. We call him our 18 lb ball of fur....