Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2007, 06:07 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
It followed me home

Well, I went in to look at the 2008 F350's. Guess what?? A sad little fella followed me home and mommy said I could keep it. It really is such a quiet little dogie. It seems to have been raised on the King Ranch. At least that is the brand it has on the side.

Dianna really likes the dual temperature controls and heated seats. The power sunroof and power rear window is a bit ostentatious, but it came that way. I had a great concern that I would be able to keep the DRW between the lines, but have managed so far.

I am installing a new under the bed hitch by B&W today. It is a goose neck hitch with a "Companion" fifth wheel hitch in the bed. When removed the ball can be reversed and then you have a clean bed for use as a truck for hauling.

Saturday morning very early, the Rhino-liner gets sprayed in. Then we will be good to go. I think I will go all the way and put on mud flaps to protect the front of Monty.

The real bait that hooked me was when the salesman offered me book value for my 2002 F250 plus an additional $8000 off the MSRP which was $5000 more than the dealer 20 miles away offered. Others may have gotten a better deal, but I am satisfied with what I got.

Ozz, I do like the power folding and power extending mirrors. This one did not have the upfitting switches. Can they be retrofitted? I have never seen so many DC power outlets: one in the back seat, one inside the console between the front seats, one on the front dash, and then the cigarette lighter.

Never buy new tires for an old truck. As soon as you do, you will end up trading it off. I had just put on a set of tires and bought new batteries. At least I got 2000 safe miles off the tires.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:43 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ha Ha, Stiles, you are a Hoot! Congrats on the new truck, I must add that I am a tad jealous of the King Ranch, I just couldn't convince myself to go for it. Glad you got it, Sue loves the individual controls as well.
Yes, you can get the up-fitter switches added, just talk with that guy in his own office, with the accessories all over the wall at the dealership.
It's sweet, isn't it??
See ya at Branson in '08!!!! Unless you make it too South Padre............
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:53 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Great story Stiles!! Enjoy that new towmotor
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:12 AM   #4
daneboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4854
Stiles,
ENJOY!! Your new twin turbo setup must get you off the line with out the lag my 06 F250 has. Rino liners are great too. Let us know how the hitch works.
Have Fun,
Jerry
daneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:13 AM   #5
daneboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4854
Stiles,
ENJOY!! Your new twin turbo setup must get you off the line with out the lag my 06 F250 has. Rino liners are great too. Let us know how the hitch works.
Have Fun,
Jerry
daneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:33 AM   #6
jim n deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7406
Stiles I hope you enjoy your new tv. I got the power rear window and have used it more than I thought . When it is hot and the truck has been setting in the sun I open the rear window along with the side windows for a little bit, does help cool it down. jim
jim n deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:42 AM   #7
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
Dual temp controls are a mixed blessing for me. She loves them. It's been hot here in St. Louis. On the 100 plus days I am driving home sweating wondering why the A/C isnt working. As I pull into the garage after the hour long trip home I remember my wife who is always cold has the temp control on her side blowing heat !!!!!! Now I check everytime I get into the truck alone and make sure they are both where I want them. I think it should have a lockout like the back windows. Maybe if she thought she was turning it down it would satisfy her. Probably not!!!!!!!!!!! I might get away with it once
mtpocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:13 AM   #8
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Congrats on new F350 - what a machine. Bet you are still grining ear to ear and enjoying that new truck smell! It's great isn't it??!! Enjoy your new truck and may you have many happy, safe travels ahead of you!!
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:52 AM   #9
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Congratulation and best wishes on your King Ranch! It is an awesome looking truck. I stopped and looked at them last week and now all you guys are buying them - someone help me! I only have 22,000 on my 06 but I’m weakening!
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #10
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
When do we get a picture, Stiles?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:03 PM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We feel so sorry that you had to take that little guy in..It was really nice of you.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:01 PM   #12
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Great story Stiles...I am happy for you and hope your new baby is well behaved and treats you and yours well.

Very true what you said about buying new tires...it was shocks and tires for me - two months later I was driving a diesel home...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #13
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
How great for you! Nothing like a new truck!

I, too, worried that I could keep the duals inbetween the lines. After nearly 10,000 miles since April, I still look, but don't worry, if that makes any sense.

My '07 GMC doesn't have the power mirrors, but I have found that this is a blessing in that I keep the mirrors extended. That way, if my mirrors clear, then my duals will clear! Hey, it's my first dually...
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:36 PM   #14
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Gee, this little fella seems to have come already knowing lots of tricks. Today, I discovered Sirrus Radio built-in. There are more pages of information in the owners manual about the entertainment center than any other part or system.

This thing does media things I have never done, so I don't even understand the language in the manual. Do media people speak English? Then there is the heated outside mirrors, an absolute necessity in the ice and snow that come once every four or five years to central Texas. I think it paired up with equally important engine block heater. I know the humor of it all must allude you Northerners and Canadians.

I am still actually reading the owner's Manual. I am looking forward with expectant anticipation for what is next to be discovered.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:37 PM   #15
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Stiles..... Do you think you will have enough room to haul your CAMERA...to BRANSON... I hope so. I am counting on you!!!!!!!! Congrads on your new purchase. and Safe Travels John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:04 PM   #16
Bruce Lenhardt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5098
Send a message via ICQ to Bruce Lenhardt
Congratulations on your new truck. I think you and Diana will really like it. See you guys in Branson.
Bruce Lenhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:19 PM   #17
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
That's great, Stiles. I am almost afraid to get my tires checked, now.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:31 PM   #18
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Stiles, I bet you were holding a big juicy T-Bone steak in front of that doggie to get it to follow you home. LOL Congrats and happy towing.

I am in the research mode for a new TT also.

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:53 PM   #19
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
You have got the best the KING RANCH we love our 06 F 250 but now you have to get som leather cond for the seats as they are sadle leather so get some mcguires leather cond and in 3 months just pour it on and rub it in over nite , the seats are awsome .i hope you got the full back seat ,,, enjoy john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:54 PM   #20
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
yes we also got the chrome package and 20" tires john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote