Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
bobby A
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7333
Hitch and Kingpin Problems

Please Help

I just bought a new 2007 Dodge Mega Cab 3500 with the 6.7 litre diesel to pull my 2003 Montana Big Sky Model #3670, I was going to purchase the Reese Kwik Slide but was told I would need an extended pin box because of the cab being too long, the side winder pin box was mentioned can anyone help me out with this issue. I'm getting very frustrated with this not getting correct information. You would think by now the dealerships would have this figured out. Please e-mail me directly or PM if you can help me with this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Bobby A

bobby A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:35 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I can't help ( I own a Ford and have my own problems :-) ) but if you search for recent postings from Steve Reigle (sreigle) I think you will find the answer to your question. Steve just bought a Dodge Mega-Cab and installed his slider hitch from old TV. While the bed is short, the real dimension you need to consider is the distance from the cab to the axle. Steve found it was within an inch of Ford the location. He even posted pictures of a 90 degree turn in his new truck (without sliding the hitch as I recall).

I am sure Steve will be along here soon if you don't have any sucess with the "search" function.

On edit: I found one discussion thread where several members have the same truck as you: Try this link
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=22820

Also, if you look at Steve's profile, you will see a picture of his Dodge truck and trailer is a sharp (but not 90 degrees) turn.

Carl (& Susan) Youngren

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:51 AM   #3
jmd80ta
Established Member

M.O.C. #6537
I have a Chevy 2006 Silverado short bed and have a SuperGlide hitch from PullRite. This hitch automatically moves the trailer away from the cab when your turning. You can look at www.pullrite.com and see how it works. They are expensive but work very well. I was able to buy one on ebay from a private party for $900 dollars which included the mounting rails for my truck. I also installed it myself which they had excellent instructions. I can remove this hitch very easily because it has pins and then I can use my truck to haul stuff when I am not towing. Brand new I think they are around $2500.
jmd80ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:52 AM   #4
TubensMA

M.O.C. #6959
Send a message via Yahoo to TubensMA
I also have the Dodge 07, 3500 Mega Cab, Dually.
I went with the Super Glide 18K.
I have a 3585.
I only Hooked up and Unhooked 4 times
as we are brand new RVers.
But, It works great.
Still learning how to unhook a little smoother, but it will come.
TubensMA is offline   Reply With Quote