Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2008, 11:25 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
New Bosch Washer and dryer

Update, the pictures have been posted in a slide show.. Slide Show Link

Well we finally got our new Bosch washer and dryer and they are installed and running. It took a bit of work but I finished the install about an hour ago. I initially got the washer first and it was also 220 but 20 amp. So while waiting for the dryer to show up I installed a 220 20amp circuit and we ran a few loads and used another dryer. Well when the dryer showed up it was a big 4 pronged 220 30 amp plug so off to the hdwr store for more parts. I got the breaker, outlet and a short piece of 8-3 wire. This morning I tore out the original outlet and breaker, installed the new and stacked the units to see where I had to drill the 4 inch vent hole. Drilled the hole and cleaned up the mess, installed vent and cover with butyl tape. Plugged everything in and it works great. Only problem will be if we get on 30 amp site we are back to no W/D. But we will worry about that when we start rolling again in March. Betsy is happy as a clam and is on her second load of wash as I type this. I want to thank Oz for his technical assistance and so does Betsy. The bi-fold doors are no longer bi-fold. I removed the hinges and put a set of three removable pin hinges on the outside of each door and mounted them to the frame. I kept the door lock but just remounted it to keep the doors closed. The doors open easily and you have full access to both units doors and knobs. I shot photos of the whole evolution and will post them later tonight if I feel like it... Dave

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:35 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good job my friend, no more searching for quarters, reading the outdated notes on cork-boards, no more cold, hard benches in smelly laundromats, or as they call them down south, 'Wash-a-terias'.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:33 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Dave,
Nice work. You did install the drain system, right? It goes directly to the flow pipe to the sewer?

One word of advice. Get Betsy in the habit of asking if the sewer line is hooked up before she washes.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:23 AM   #4
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Wayne, the rig came pre-plumbed, and I took Betsy out and showed her the drain pipe where it is tapped into the main drain. Eventually I will try the end gate on the pipe and see how many loads will fit into the tanks. However, since these are BOTH 220 volt units I doubt that we will ever be at a 50 amp site without sewer...Dave
Old 12-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Dave,

From this thread and your other one on your w/d install, I am absolutely envious. Looks like a fantastic job. How do your two pups like the new "noises" in the house?? Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:17 PM   #6
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
When we get the "spin wiggle" they bark but that will stop as they get used to it. The wiggle is only as it turns up, stops then goes to fast spin. Once the load evens out it hits high and no more wiggle. Actually until the spin it is virtually silent and the Dryer is almost silent. Love those units and Betsy does too... Dave
Old 12-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #7
blamb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8858
Wow, nice. I'm jealous of all you ladies with these men that can do these things, lol.
blamb is offline   Reply With Quote