Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2008, 04:28 AM   #1
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
Dish Satalite

I have been thinking about up grading my Dsih Satalite system at home. The new Dish system will run 2 TV's with 1 reciever and can view 2 diffetent channels at the same time. I usually take a reciever from home with me when I travel. My question is, will the new dish reciever run both tv's in the monty, so that the DW can watch her programs and I can watch mine on the other.
Allen in MT

Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:01 AM   #2
mtpocket2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6098
Not without seperate cabling to the other TV. The current setup uses a splitter so if you want to watch something different you would need a seperate coax or find the splitter. The second out put is not HDTV.
mtpocket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:01 PM   #3
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Actually, yes. The second output is SD and is a modulated channel and can be put onto the Monty's cabling. Pick a channel above 69 (whichever one looks the best on the bedroom TV).
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Yes! Did it with the DVR-722 all the time. Even posted some pictures of it in my 3400RL.

The DVR-722 has an output. From that output I went to the bottom input on the cable jumper on the back of the wall. Tuned to Channel 73 in the bedroom and watched channels independently. The remote is RF so it will work in the bedroom. This is assuming you have a two tv hookup with two separate remotes at the stick house.

The DVR-722 has two modes, single and dual. In single mode you watch the same station on both sets. In Dual mode you watch different channels on each set. You can watch one and record one at the same time, or playback one and record two at the same time. The problem comes when both sets want to watch something different and you are recording something - can't be done.

When you get your setup at the house with two remotes the DVR will have a couple splitters hooked to the back of it. Take the RF feed from the satelitte dish off of the splitter furthest out from the back of the DVR and take the whole splitter assembly with you. Put you trailer SAT cable into the splitter you took the house cable off of.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote