Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2007, 07:06 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
tuff bein' retired

This retired stuff is really hard. Like yesterday, I was sittin' in my recliner, computer in my lap and caught some movement outside my window. When I turned my head, fifteen feet away was a doe, nibbling at my freshly cut lawn. Twenty feet away from her was another beautiful lady. They eventually strolled out of sight.

Later, washing dishes, I looked out to see two little red squirrels foraging for acorns from last year's crop buried in the grass. They began to play, chasing each other round and round the huge oak tree no more than twenty feet from the kitchen window.

Later, Dianna and I were sittin' in camp chairs, readin' and feelin' the evening breeze wafting across our faces, and listenin' to jays, wrens, cardinals, mocking birds and other unidentified species making up a feathered choir. All this while cool green tea slaked my thirst.

Yeah, bein' retired is sooooo tuff.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:37 AM   #2
1luckylady
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7321
Hmmmm- I just don't know how you can do it. I guess I shouldn't look forward to retirement since you told me it was so tough. I think you just burst my bubble.
1luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:40 AM   #3
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Stiles, if you cant put it on'em, at least put it where it runs on'em.I got to agree, this retirement stuff is tuff.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:31 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Stiles, it's also difficult in that I have to plan to run errands during the day or later in the evening when all those working people out there are not rushing to get home or to work. And we have to limit our sightseeing to weekdays because of all the tourists out and about on weekends. Life is tough.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:05 AM   #5
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
I do feel sorry for you guys!!

Gotta get back to work now!
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:54 AM   #6
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Do you guys realize the grief that you are causing me? I still have to wait 355 days to understand what you are talking about, not that I'm counting.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:17 PM   #7
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
I sure hope that retirement thing gets easier sometime in the next 15 to 18 years. If not, I guess I'll just keep on working.......NOT!!!
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:19 AM   #8
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I like hearing about retired folks that are enjoying life. This is the way it should be. My Dad is 80 and Mom and him still drive down to Arizona where they spend 5 months a year.
The good Lord willing, I hope to enjoy retirement in about 3 years. For now, I still have a son living at home and we are helping him through university and I can't do that on a pension so in the meantime I still enjoy life, still enjoy working, and still enjoy reading about retired folks having a good time.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:12 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Well, shoot. I probably should be in bed but there's a few more threads to read tonight. Besides, I don't have to get up in the morning until I'm good and ready! Oh, I forgot, Glen and Judy are coming into this park tomorrow for the weekend. They'll be here early afternoon so I need to make sure I'm up, showered, shaved by lunch time.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:59 AM   #10
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Who shaves?

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:53 PM   #11
Redrover98
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3433
Being retired and full timing is really, really tough. We had just left Miss. heading for Michigan and the wife was looking at the latest Trailer Life and the article on South Dakota. She mentioned it looked very nice out there and would like to go. Sooo, we made a turn at the pass and are here in Custer, SD. We have been here for two weeks and are heading East in the morning. But first a stop in the Badlands National Park for a few days.

Enjoy. Enjoy Enjoy.

Dee
Redrover98 is offline   Reply With Quote