Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
You won't believe this...

It is snowing. It has been sleeting or snowing all day. This is a beautiful sight out our big rear window, snow on the meadow. This afternoon the flakes were enormous. It is about 36 degrees so it is not sticking much. This is unheard of in Central Texas on the 7th of April. I will call it The Great Texas Blizzard of April 2007.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Stiles, you can call it anything you want to but to me it is @#$%^&*((**

We are at Frederickburg and it has been raining, sleeting and snowing all day. Right now it is 31 degrees andI am freezing. I am not a Happy Camper.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:14 PM   #3
msmoonsatx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6700
Walked in Comfort this morning. Although it was not raining when we started, it was a cold north wind. Started to rain when we finished and was sleeting on the way back to San Antonio. Its been raining since we got home. Maybe I put the fire logs away a little too soon!!! LOL
msmoonsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:15 PM   #4
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
Helen, join the club! yep it's snowing here in Ohio also....really sucks. The campground here opened on April 1 for the weekenders and they even had their scheduled Hayride today in the SNOW!!!!! and many folks were on it, while I sat inside looking out the window at them dumbfounded ha! I hear that starting Tuesday, the temps will warm up....that's what the weather guy said...and we all know that weather guy stay warm!
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:18 PM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Our little granddaughter called to say it was snowing in Fort Worth. Of course, Grandma feigned disbelief but she assured me it was so. Phoenix is a cool 83' today, much better than the 93' we had a couple of days ago. But "it's a dry heat"!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Sitting in Amboy, IL right now and the outside temp is 24 degrees. Forecast is for snow tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday. Could actually have an accumulation. Next year, we ain't leavin' SW Florida until the third week in April!
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Tuesday afternoon as I was mowing the grass, I noticed the almond tree had lost it's pink blossoms, and had started leafing out. I also noticed the maple trees had awakened from their winter sleep, and they too were sprouting new green leaves. Looks like summer is just around the corner.

Thursday afternoon my summer feelings were solidified when my youngest sons pup, Cricket got bit by a rattlesnake. Cricket's alright, several doses of ground up Benadril wrapped in ham, a shot of Dexamethazone, and her own natural defenses, have her pretty much back to normal.

This morning as I walked out the door, I noticed 3 inches of the white stuff on the ground, more falling from the sky, and a very chilly temperature of 25 degrees. As I cleaned the snow from the windshield of my truck, Cricket was running around biteing at the snow on the ground, stopping now and then to watch me, then biting at the stuff falling from the sky. I laughed out loud as it made me remember doing about the same thing when I was a kid. It also reminded me of something an older friend told me many years ago when I was probably too young to grasp the whole meaning "....above all else, NEVER lose your sense of awe". After I got over the tremendous sense of awe I was experiencing, I thought about the snake, and hoped it was as cold as my fingers and the tender new leaves on my trees. Ahhhh, the joys of spring here in eastern NM.

Sorry you guys down there in central Texas are getting some of this too, maybe it will warm up soon.

LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:22 PM   #8
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
We spent this past week in Pigeon Forge, TN. Last weekend and the first of the week we had day time temps in the high 70's and low 80's. The last few days have been lows in the 30's and down into the 20's last night. As I sarted breaking camp this morning we started having snow showers. When we got to the Sugarlands Welcome Center to cross over the mountain to Cherokee they were closing the gate to close US 441. So we had to back track to Gatlinburg and take US 321 to I-40. On I-40 snow was coming down pretty heavily and the surrounding mountains were covered with snow. The roads were clear and we enjoyed the snow covered mountains. Now that we're home, I heard the advertisement for the local news saying we are going to experience record lows tonight and tomorrow night. Maybe things will warm up by the middle of the week!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Resurrection Sunday!! Hope the kids can find their Easter Eggs in all that white stuff.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:45 PM   #9
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Who'd a thunk it, 77 Degrees here last Monday and snow every day since!
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:57 AM   #10
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
We have to wait for dental work, or we would be headed north. Kind of glad we aren't going yet, it is snowing everywhere it seems. After the 90's here we are going to freeze the balls of our feet when we get home to Alberta.
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:01 AM   #11
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Judy and Sue (SMC)..... Wipe that grin off your face.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:18 PM   #12
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Helen,
I am going to call this, "the great payback to Helen" for spending the winter on your new site in Florida. I laughed so loud it woke the dog up, sorry.... Stay warm Stiles and Adelmoll!!!!

PS~ It was a nice 76 degrees in Seattle on Friday. Saturday and Sunday were cooler, but still in the 60's. =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:39 AM   #13
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
With the cold weather, we figured the weekend would pretty much be a bust. But we spent the whole 2 days, sleeping late in the Monty, mowing grass, picking up all the branches we took down along our driveway and burning most of them, trimming bushes, etc... It turned out to be pretty great really. Didn't even break a sweat and the campfire felt really good! BBQ'd up some ribs with Shirley's famous sauce. Left for work this morning and wow did everything look good! So actually, it was a nice weekend after all. With yardwork done, maybe we'll just go camping next weekend!! LOL
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:20 AM   #14
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Well I finally warmed up by cooking a nice ham in the oven that made the Tana nice and warm, to say nothing of the aroma that filled the place. We had our friends Wes and Jan over to share dinner and conversation with us and it turned out to be a very nice day in spite of the weather.

I only hope that the cold did not damage all the wild flowers in the Hill Country. We still have lots more places we want to see them.

We just love this part of Texas.

Helen
Old 04-09-2007, 05:56 AM   #15
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
One good thing about it will be less bugs on the old windshield. Fireplace running, glass of wine, some fresh popcorn while catching up on movies makes for a great day regardless of the outside temp. Ahhhh life is good!!!

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:23 PM   #16
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Stiles, it is good here in California but I called the DW and she said it was freezing rain in South Louisiana,,34 degrees,,Brrrrr
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:04 PM   #17
KBLH
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5867
All I can say is this is the weirdest spring I have ever lived thru....it was colder for Easter than it was at Christmas here in San Antonio!!!
KBLH is offline   Reply With Quote