Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
Guvner
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10832
Newbie question on the tank displays...

My other one didn't have word "Galley" on it. This one does. You press it and you get two lights at the bottom. My black water tank has the crud on it still showing two lights since it is pretending to be half full despite it being drained and a tank sprayer dropped into it to clean it. Since the previous owner told me there was a second grey water tank built in that I don't see a separate drain handle for, that is my other related question. Just opening up the basement on the side with the sewer connection is there just the two handles? One for grey water (hopefully including this mysterious second tank) and the black water tank.

Thanks.. Gary

Guvner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
You will have to tell us what model you have. You may want to look around the area of your kitchen for a galley dump handle. Either between the tires around the "I" beam or at the rear of the trailer if you have the 3295RK.
Once you tell us the model someone will tell you where the galley dump handle is.
Welcome to the forum.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
Jim Dickey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7372
As you stated in the basement is the black water tank and the gray water (bath room) tank. The galley is the second graywater tank. The drain for my galley tank is under the rig just forward of the axles.
Jim Dickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
On our 3400, the second grey tank (galley)dump handle is on the drivers side between the sewer boom and the tires on the I-beam...not particularly easy to reach, in our model you have to crawl under the kitchen slide to reach it!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
Guvner
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10832
Just the answers already given got me to run outside and look it over again. Found the shut off valve under the living room slide in the back of my 3255. Draining it now.

Thanks for the help. I'll check back here in a while to see if there's anything else to know. Have left the heat around 45 degrees up to this point anyhow as I knew he'd talked about the second tank and I was busy playing with other toys. Tonight is the first night to go down to the mid 20's anyhow.

Thank again... Gary
Old 11-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #6
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Great place for answers, don't you think?
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #7
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Gary, if I were in your shoes, I'd be setting that thermostat up some to at least 55 or maybe even higher. Those water pipes are nothing to be messing with! If they break someplace inside and under the floor, you may have a real problem!! You didn't say what year the unit is but no matter which year it is, there is heat going into the underbelly and/or basement to keep those water pipes warm.If you don't have any vents going into the basement, I'd put a small ceramic heater in there on low just to keep it warm enough to keep the pipes from freezing. I don't know if you are hooked up to city water but if you are and the hose is not wrapped with heattape you will have a problem there also. I'd be unhooking the city water line and use the fresh water tank for the evening or until the temps warm up anyway!

The galley tank dump handle is possibly one of most asked questions on here and I have no idea why Keystone does not mark the valve handle more clearly or atleast put it in bold print in their manuals. New owners are always asking about it. Even some of the salesmen or dealers don't know about it! Weird!!

Good luck and be sure to ask away if you have any questions! There's never a question that cannot be answered by someone here on the MOC forum.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #8
Guvner
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10832
It is a 2000 Montana. I found all of the valves including two extra outside shower lines near the passenger side trailer wheels. No idea why they were there but I have used 35 psi compressor to blow lines out on every camper I've ever had and this one seems to be fine with it. Once I found the two extra lines for an extra shower I hooked up the compressor I keep in the belly and redid them all. Got just a spattering out of the two I missed and the others were dry. I did get the extra gray water tank drained and it was mostly colored red from the antifreeze I apparently was more then generous on with the drain traps. I ran a small load of antifreeze in the Maytag and when I checked the gray water it had a fresh does of antifreeze so I'm confident it's good.

The one thing that puzzled me on the galley was that once it was drained the formerly stuck black water indicator went down from two lights to one light. Everything is good on the indicator. The batteries are the only thing that lights everything up.

Thanks again... Gary
Old 11-25-2010, 02:32 PM   #9
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Gary-- You might consider coming up to Nebraska for the MOC Central Plains Rally to be held in July! We had 13 units show last year and are hoping to have more show this year. Hope you will consider the Rally for your travels this coming year! If you would like more info on the Rally just drop me a line either on PM or email. I'll be glad to fill you in on any info you'd like to have. Consider the Fall Rally in Goshen also. We convoyed for the last two years to Goshen and I think you'd enjoy the Fall Rally also.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #10
Guvner
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10832
Anything in the summer is real tough as I'm an air conditioning/heating contractor. That's the very busiest of times. Never know though. It's only Nebraska and I'm in Missouri.

Thanks... Gary
Old 11-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #11
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Hope you see time to make it up for the Rally! Bring Ozz along with you also-- he's also in heating and air! Maybe we can cool down the campground!
Old 11-26-2010, 12:23 AM   #12
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hi Gary, yep that is our busy season, I told Rondo if they call us and we are playing somewhere, they just call someone else... and they may fall in love with that guy
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:09 AM   #13
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Some times chicken in the summer and feathers in the winter. Nothing like a sort of seasonal business.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:38 AM   #14
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Guvner

It is a 2000 Montana. I found all of the valves including two extra outside shower lines near the passenger side trailer wheels. No idea why they were there..........
I am sure those "two extra outside shower lines" are really the low point drains. Opening them up makes winterizing a lot easier!

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:15 PM   #15
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Carl beat me to it! Just what I was thinking about the two lines. I frankly did not know where mine were at until this summer when Paul Kelpe showed me where they were! I had winterized three winter prior and had not opened them up. I'm really surprised the lines did not freeze! Guess I got lucky!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #16
Guvner
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10832
Thanks for all of the information. Appreciate it.. Blew it all out again anyway. Where you out of OZZ? Saint Charles, MO for me.

Gary..
Old 11-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #17
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Guvner

Thanks for all of the information. Appreciate it.. Blew it all out again anyway. Where you out of OZZ? Saint Charles, MO for me.

Gary..
K.C. Mo. Up North a few miles from downtown K.C. My wife and I have a small HVAC Co. I'm showing a guy the ropes and my customers now, so he can take over this coming Fall. I used to be commercial for 30 years, got tired of rooftops all year, so I slid over to residential, still do a few big commercial customers.
I have one customer with 500 rental units another with around 250.
My last company I had all the Brinker properties in the area, Chili's OTB. HVAC and Refrigeration.
Sold that ot Reedy mechanical out of Chicago, took off for 5 years, ran out of money... went back to work till I paid off my big bills.
Almost there. What market do you have?
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote