Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2005, 09:16 AM   #21
sassyone

M.O.C. #2401
We have a 2004 2980 and I love the counter space that it has. I wished now that I'd had gottenthe sofa bed instead of the jacknife bed.....and I do not like the way the doors between the bath and the bedroom work---have had trouble with them. I may replace it with a curtain and it would be much lighter that way too. We are not full timing yet, but the floor plan is very liveable.

sassyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 12:18 PM   #22
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
We started out with our first TT that was layed out very nicely for a couple. While we enjoyed it for 8 years, we had started talking about what we wanted in a replacement and kept our eyes open. Three years ago, we saw a 3575RL on a showroom floor. It represented a pretty good compromise on our list...

Enough space inside for our two wide bodies to pass without doing a little dance to get by each other.
BIG rear windows. Actually, we wanted LOTS OF BIG windows everywhere. 3575RL has them...
Bagage area to hold all the outdoor stuff so we didn't have to clutter the living room floor to store them.
Desk area to hold clutter so the main dining table can stay clear.
Utilities on curb side. Well, we do have the water heater on the street side under the awning, but most of the other noise & heat makers are on the other side where they belong...
Mid kitchen to minimize dishes/pots/pans thrashing.

The 2002 Montana booklet has been on our refrigerator door ever since

In the three years since, I've kept up with different floorplans that we could live with (all reasonably similar to above) but kept up with the price of used 3575RL's. When we found this one at a real bargain price, we jumped at it.

Worst features: sloppy construction in the hidden area's where they think they could get away with it (reference threads on fresh water tanks, wires & pipes draping loose in the belly, standard crappy suspension parts (shackles, non-greasable bolts), frames rusting WAY TOO EARLY, WEAK PINBOX FRAME AREA, etc...)

There are a number of other things I would have liked to see (reverse lights, trailair options, some of the other improvements noted previously on this forum, etc...) but that would change the price point that Keystone was aiming for. So I've resigned myself to adding them in if I really want them.

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 12:37 PM   #23
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by fla native

I love the floor plan with mine. Having said that, if the 3400 had of been on the market when I bought I would have had a hard choice to make. The only thing I regret is not getting a unit with a washer/dryer, but at the time they did not have a floor plan with one that I liked as much as my 2980RL.
Fl Native, I left you a private e mail in your mail box. Just an FYI

John Wa4bmg
wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:32 AM   #24
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
I would say the big back tinted window(you can see so much more!) The floor plan, the doors between the bed and bath. I think the towability is a plus too!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote