Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Insurance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2009, 04:20 AM   #1
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Roadcare Insurance

Anyone have the Roadcare by Camping World? I see it is through Affinity. I believe that is the same as Good Sam's ERS. It is time to renew, and seems GS is wanting to get their money back for the one time I used the road service this past year. I'm leaning towards the Roadcare. Any comments?

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:13 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Cannot help ya Will, but, cannot help but ask, are you saying GS raised your rates?? if so, how much??
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #3
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Carol, I may have been mistaken. After I posted, DW tells me I had the incorrect amount in mind. I'll have to take another look at the invoice. This sometimer's disease is sure bad.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #4
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Will, please let us know what you find. I never had a problem and have used it several times over the years. - Jim
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:56 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Will, I have not paid the bills in a while, and I have that oletimers brain leaking all over stuff too, but I thought it was like $99.00 a year, and covered all our vehicles and trailers, EXCEPT a utility trailer Al has.

Gesshh, I hope I am talking about the same policy! HAHA
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
DW told me it was $109.95. That would be the same as CW Roadcare, except as a new customer, you get $30 off if you are a President's Club member. GS offered us a good deal to renew early last year; no such offer this year. I'll probably go with the Roadcare if I get some feedback on this or other sites the next couple days. I'll update anything I learn.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:18 AM   #7
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SlickWillie

Anyone have the Roadcare by Camping World? I see it is through Affinity. I believe that is the same as Good Sam's ERS. It is time to renew, and seems GS is wanting to get their money back for the one time I used the road service this past year. I'm leaning towards the Roadcare. Any comments?
We have Roadcare. Has been good for us, although we are now leaning toward Coachnet since they are endorsed by Escapees and we are Lifetime members of the Escapees. The four or five times we have used Roadcare they have been great. No complaints except for the towing service they sent us in Livingston, TX. The tow truck driver was one of the most rude people I've ever met. Needless to say, when I gave my feedback to Roadcare, I let them know about this guys service and behavior.

You won't go wrong with Roadcare but I don't see any difference between it and Good Sam's ERS. Both owned by the same company (Affinity) and are pretty much the same price with the same service.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:18 AM   #8
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I have Coach-Net. It provides about the same service as the others, but I am not inundated with additional marketing materials like I am with GS and CW. They are always courteous, always deliver service as promised, and always follow up to see if we are satisfied.

Different levels of service for different fees. Big discounts available if you are an Escapees member.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:38 AM   #9
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stiles watson

I have Coach-Net. It provides about the same service as the others, but I am not inundated with additional marketing materials like I am with GS and CW. They are always courteous, always deliver service as promised, and always follow up to see if we are satisfied.

Different levels of service for different fees. Big discounts available if you are an Escapees member.
Seems their pricing is in line with Affinity. I went on their site the other day, and the links were all down. I may have to give them a look. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:58 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We went to coach net this year since we are members of Escapee's. had Good Sam's used it once and they were good. Had Allstate RV roadhelp..used it once and they were good. They are all pretty much the same and we look for how easy it is to get service when and where you need it.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #11
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Thank God for Good Sam ERS, yesterday when we had a blowout on the Montana, I called Good Sam ERS on my cell phone and spoke with a very nice Lady named Angela, she took my information and location and put me on hold for a minute, when she came back on the line she said that a repairman would be at my location within the hour. 50 minutes later the truck pulled up and 20 minutes later I was pulling back onto the roadway. Nice young man very knowledgeable and efficient, I asked him if I needed to pay him anything and he said "no sir, Good Sam takes care of it". Couldn't beat that!
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #12
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
It would appear that GS, Roadcare, and Coachnet are all pretty much the same, as far as satisfaction and pricing. We just signed up with GS, the "Platinum" addition. $109 first year, then $129 after that. It covers all our vehicles, including (and I asked) our 1930 Model A sedan, AND my 1951 Ford F6 truck, as long as I'm driving it. I've been reading about the various plans on MOC, and feel pretty comfortable with GS, even though latest reports are that AGI is also having financial problems. I mentioned that to the salesgirl I talked to. She said that is the first she'd heard that! However, the ranks are the last to know? But, I'll give it a try, and hope they stay afloat. Everything I've heard has been good!
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #13
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
Whoops, in the previous post I forgot to mention that the "platinum" addition with GS also covers us if we are using a rented or borrowed vehicle as well.
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote