Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > What's cooking?
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
EASY BAKED CATFISH

Easy BAKED CATFISH

* 1-2 lbs. catfish fillets
* 1 tsp. lemon juice
* 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
* Salt & pepper to taste
* Seasoned breading for fish

PREPARATION:
Score fillets and rub with juice, sauce, salt and pepper. Coat with the breading and place in shallow greased pan. Bake 15 minutes at 450 degrees, then reduce heat to 350 and bake for 30-40 additional minutes.

I have played with this recipe and now with the catfish fillets I get at the store is so thin I bake them on one side for 15 minutes and turn them over and bake 15 minutes more. Boy would I like to get some nice thick or fat ones,LOL

prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:23 PM   #2
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Linda this sounds good. I am wondering if this would work with Sturgeon. We have a big chunk in the freezer and wanted a new way to prepare it. If anyone else has a good recipe for Sturgeon, would appreciate your input.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Linda,

While I'm not a big fish person I'm thinking this would be great using chicken as well. Thanks for sharing!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:16 AM   #4
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
I do about this same thing with salmon. Shake on a little olive oil and salt and pepper.
Oeen it till it becomes flaky. So simple and tasty.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Try this for salmon, cod or your favorite "sturdy" fish:

On a baking sheet, lay out a piece of foil. Cut up an onion, in slices, and place these on the foil. On top of the onions, spread out one bunch of fresh cilantro. On top of the cilantro, place sliced lemon. On top of the lemon, place 1 1/4 pounds of seasoned salmon (vary to your desire).

For seasoning, use lemon-pepper or Zatarain's creole seasoning, or your favorite blend.

Place another piece of foil on top of the salmon and seal to bottom piece of foil, leaving a pocket of air above the salmon.

Place in 400 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a probe indicates an internal temperature of 145 degrees. I prefer to use a probe as it always turns out well.

Serve with rice.

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote