Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
bobnsherry

M.O.C. #7239
Kitchen slideout problem

We have a 2006 3400RL that we didn't use much the first year we had it, but sold our home the end of March 2007, and now are full timing it. Our kitchen slide is not level, but the rest of the unit is. When I cook on the stove, everything comes toward me. Slide jacks would not help, as the problem is that the slide is too high on the outside, not too low. Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone have any suggestions for resolving this issue?

bobnsherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I have not had this problem but do feel there are adjustments on the slide. I suggest a dealer and hopefully you are still in warranty.
Good luck and safe towing.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
gungho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2818
there are adjustments under the slide to correct this, its a rather easy fix its decribed in your lippert literature
gungho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #4
ray fischer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3760
iF YOU HAVE SLIDEOUT AWNINGS THAT ARE WOUND TO TIGHT, THAT CAN ALSO PULL THE TOP IN. NuWa doesn't recommend them for that reason.
ray fischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We've never had any trouble with our slideout awnings affecting the slides but I have heard that it can happen if they are too tight.

I would bet you could fix yours by adjusting the slides per the manual. One thing Dale (MIMF), who worked for the company (Lippert) who builds the slide mechanisms showed me is that when you are ready to make the adjustments, position the slide so it is extended by about 1/3. Adjust the adjustments under the slide, then stand up and rock the heck out of the slide so it moves into the new positions. You'll think you're going to damage something rocking it so hard but you won't. Check to see that it's in position and doublecheck that the adjustment nuts are fully tightened. Then retract and extend the slide to make sure everything fits as you want. It's not nearly as difficult a process as it would seem. It sure is scary the first time you attempt it, thinking I might really mess this up.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:26 PM   #6
Army Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5508
Thats something good to know. We're not having any problems with our slide and I wouldn't be without slideout awnings neither. Good luck on the fix and let us know how it turns out.
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:30 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It may not be the slide..dsprik (dave) had that problem and his cabinet was not level..he had to shim it up.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:41 PM   #8
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
When we first got our 2003 and had no slide out awning mine would so the same thing and we found out it was the grids on the stove, we put some rubber washers on the front legs and that took care of that problem..Maybe that is not what is causing yours but you might check it.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote