Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
ehmcfarl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8206
Drawer Not Staying Closed

I have a 3400RL and am having problems with the long drawer under the sofa bed in the rear of the coach constantly coming open when traveling. It has just started doing this. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you solve the problem?

ehmcfarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:02 PM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Yes, and finally the right slide broke and the drawer dropped on the floor. It took about a half hour to get it back on the track and I am cutting a 12 inch piece of 4x4 diagonally to use as a wedge. I had tried two flip flops with a tape measure between them and that worked but was a pain to assemble so I will go with the wood wedges... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:09 PM   #3
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Bella came with a strap that you run over, behind and under the sofa and can latch (like a vertical seat belt) and it keeps the drawer closed. (Its just one of those nylon straps with the plastic "buckles" so I'm sure you can find/make something similar with little problems. We just pushed the bottom loose end under the sofa and the top loose end in between the top back cushions so they can't be seen, but can be accessed easily when its time to "button up" for travel.

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote