Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2007, 04:14 AM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Mount Shasta KOA question

We are going to be staying 10 days at the Mount Shasta KOA. They have assigned us space 26. If any of you have stayed here I would like to know how you liked the park and if you had a preference for any particular site.

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:07 AM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
MRcord..... Searchers (Don & Claudia Moore) live in Mt. Shasta but I think are still on a trip with their Montana, but they do check in here every few days. Another "think" of mine is that HamRad (Dennis & Mary Kay Hill) stayed at the KOA there a couple of years ago. Give them a shout and see what they say.

Of course, you could always stay at the Lake Siskiyou campground. It's very nice. If you go that route, post it here and quite a few folks can tell you which sites are the nicer ones there.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:43 AM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bob,

We stayed at the KOA a few years ago. It is an OK park. Now that I know about the park out at Lake Siskiyou I would stay there rather than the KOA.

The KOA is on the west end of town. It is a bit hard to get into. A long narrow entry and a 90 degree turn at the end. I do not remember the site number we were in. If I remember correctly it does not make a lot of difference. All are about the same. They are dirt/grass. Relatively level and more spacious than many KOAs that I've seen. Things looked "old" when we were there. Don't know if they've improved or not. I guess the nicest thing about the park is that it is relatively close to downtown.

If I were spending 10 days there I'd definitely stay at the Lake Siskiyou CG even though it is about 3 miles south of town.

Whatever you do have fun. That is such a nice part of our state. If you haven't been in that area before be sure and visit the McCloud area. It is about 15 or 20 miles east of Mt. Shasta. Nice little ex RailRoad town. There is a nice RV park there too. Just a few miles east of that town is a nice state CG. If you need additional info just let me know.

See you later.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:39 AM   #4
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
We have stayed at the Mount Shasta KOA 3 times and like it. It is kept clean and is close to town. We like to stay in sites 2, 3, or 4, they are away from the main area and quite spacious. The main draw back of the KOA is trains going through town, day and night, about every hour. We have become use to them and they don't bother us any more.
If you do stay there, be sure to go to the Headwaters of the Sacramento River, it is about 1/2 mi. away. The fish hatchery is also interesting to tour if you have time.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:20 PM   #5
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
Bob..
We currently live in Mt.Shasta and given my choice I would not stay nia KOA for 10 days. It is not a bad park, okay for 1-3 nights close to town but right on the railroad tracks and you will hear them. I would try to get a spot out at Lake Siskiyou CG, and if not there then maybe Dance Country in McCloud. Good luck and maybe we will bike down and see if you are at KOA
dandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:22 PM   #6
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
Also...Carol if you have not been to our quilt shop in town I have heard it is a must. Called Sew Unique and is on the south end of the Blvd. Also westons on chesnut Street is a cute shop too.
dandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
Annem
Established Member

M.O.C. #4406
We just left Mt.Shasta Koa last night, we were in site 16, train runs every half hour I think! It was good for a night stop for us.
We are in Eugene now in a nice park called Deerwood waiting to find a spare tire, before we continue on our way to Alaska.
Annem is offline   Reply With Quote