Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2006, 09:39 AM   #1
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Toshiba TV

Hi everyone. I have just had my first unpleasant experience with Keystone and based on previous experiences this seems out of character for them. We took delivery of our 3475 in April 2005. This past weekend the bedroom TV decided to quit. I called the Montana customer service desk, explained the situation and they said no problem they would replace it even though it was 2 months past warranty. My dealer called to order it and Keystone said no it would not be covered. I've called them again and they now say no.

Is anyone else finding that Keystone is now less interested in helping we owners out??

The problem is the cutout for the TV seems to only fit the Toshiba TV. I have looked in stores and can't find anything that will fit (other than going smaller). Obviously this isn't one of lifes major issues but the reaction at Keystone surprised me.

Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:08 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
How about the warranty on the Tv itself//although Keystone has a 1 year warranty some of the vendor warranties are longer IE..Lippert.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:01 AM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
TV was about 1 year on our unit. But, that is a great point, CHECK YOUR WARRANTY!!!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:54 PM   #4
gitrdun
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4075
Fill the hole and get an lcd and flat wall mount, works perfect and you will have a better picture.
gitrdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:14 AM   #5
Chester
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #908
Thanks to all. I will check the TV warranty when I go back to the Monty this weekend. All of the paperwork is in the trailer.

Good suggestion to buy an LCD but Glenda and I have purchased a lot on Lake Huron and want to start buidling a house next year. This means selling the Montana this fall so I don't want to spend a lot of money on a TV for it.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote