Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2005, 08:03 AM   #21
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Don, I just remembered I posted a picture a year or two ago when we discussed the flapping awning strap. Here's that picture. Hope it helps show what I didn't describe very well. Our strap is longer than shown in this picture. For some reason that day it rolled up more inside than normal.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:27 AM   #22
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
OK thanks Steve
May give it a try. If I come up with something different I will let you (and MOC) know.
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:36 PM   #23
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
Don't leave home without them - I have had toppers on my previous Terry TT and now on my Monty - Keeps the tops clean and dry - no water when you pull in the slides when it is raining - all I do occasionally is vacuum off the roof from the inside with the slide in.
markwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 05:37 PM   #24
sassyone

M.O.C. #2401
Our unit did not come with slide covers either. After a few months, we decided we needed them. We called the dealer where we bought the Montana. They ordered them out of Portland and it took only 2 days to get them here. THey charged us 425.00 per slide. That included labor and then they put on the sales tax. We are VERY happy with them! I would do it all over again.
sassyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:08 PM   #25
larrylama

M.O.C. #4136
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bigrockbruce

Sorry I am so full of questions this morning but I am trying to get our new 3295RK ready to go. Our Monty did not come with the slideout awnings and our sales rep didn't sound to encouraging about us purchasing them. He felt that the leaves and any pitch would just stick to the top of the awning and then make more of a mess when it rolled up. We do have to take the rig back in for a repalcement counter top in a couple weeks so we could have them install the awnings at that time. I am interested in your opinion of wheather to have the slideout awnings installed or not.
Thanks,
Bruce
larrylama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:12 PM   #26
larrylama

M.O.C. #4136
Bruce
I have a 3255 and have awnings on both slides. I thing they are a real plus, they keep the leaves and small limbs from being crushed against the slide seal and tearing or damaging it. It is also the pits if a pine cone drops onto the slide and you crush it and do damage or you have to climb up there and get it off.
larrylama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:43 PM   #27
Starchmill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2070
Send a message via AIM to Starchmill
I just installed toppers on our slides. I too, was talked out of them originally by my dealer. But, after the bedroom slide developed a leak because of debree fouling up the seals, I decided to order them.
Starchmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 05:14 PM   #28
2NutsonaFarm
Established Member

M.O.C. #4645
We just priced 3 SlideOut Kover II's with Wind Deflector's for a total cost of $1400. After reading all your comments I plan to place the order in the morning for our 2980RL.
2NutsonaFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 02:47 AM   #29
Montana_3696
Established Member

M.O.C. #3696
as a person working in RV sales, I can understand why many (if not most) dealers don't like to order slide awnings on their lot models .... as a person who camps (we've towed ours just under 40,000 miles in the last 2 1/2 years), I wouldn't want a camper without them ... our current camper has 2 slides with awnings and the 3 slide model we are having built will have awnings on all three slides .... my own personal preference is for A&E's:

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=20393d&src=SRQB

I like the way their jointed vinyl encloses the awning roller when it is closed ... the only problems we have had with our slide awning is fraying of the leading edge of the frabic where it extended from the side of the camper and goes over the roller, I believe this vinyl covering will correct that problem ... we have found it simple and effective when camped to simply run the slides in and out following a rain (as noted in another post, stand back when doings so)

Jim
Montana_3696 is offline   Reply With Quote