Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2015, 12:20 AM   #21
davidaf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13601
Number 14. I really enjoy the large shower and water closet when we have to leave the RV for a spell for work travel or non RV vacation travel. Not enough to pull me out of Full Timing but I certainly enjoy it while we have it.

davidaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:11 AM   #22
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
We fulltimed six years. Then had a lakefront home built. Spend 6 months in Florida, summer at the lake. After six years forgot about yard work, house maintenance, painting, HOA fees, insurance, fertilizer, utility bills, etc etc etc,etc. Sometimes I wish we were still fulltiming.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:41 AM   #23
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
To each his own! For us, there is no looking back and no reason too. Since we started full timing we have been able to visit family and friends more often and for longer stays without imposing on them. We have fewer maintenance issues with the Big Sky than what we had with the stick house. If we have a condition that we don't like, such as an unruly neighbor, all we have to do is hook up and move on. For us, the only thing that will end full timing is a health issue that prevents our moving around.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:58 AM   #24
Annaoinga
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15850
You guys bring up a lot of good items in favor of both sides. I'm waiting on my husband to retire and hope to hit the road for some long trips. He doesn't want to sell the house so at first we won't and we'll see how it goes. There is just so much to see and do out there that I can't wait to go and don't see how we can see and do it all on trips.... I'd like to visit each state and see what it has to offer for a few months and then go on to the next state.... Hard to do if you have to return home to check on the house....

We'll see once he retires.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas - it helps us newbies!!

Happy travels everyone!
Annaoinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:15 PM   #25
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Davidaf, we also liked long showers so we put in the girard on demand water system and have all the hot water we can use. Try it, you might like it.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:10 PM   #26
davidaf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13601
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MAMalody

Davidaf, we also liked long showers so we put in the girard on demand water system and have all the hot water we can use. Try it, you might like it.
Came really close to buying one but do a fair amount of dry camping and use a head attached flow dial to turn the flow to a trickle during showers to save water. Don't think the heater will work correctly in that situation. Second concern was.. well, i'm cheap at times and when somebody else is paying the Electric bill I'm going to spend their money instead of mine ( I believe it's 100% propane still).
davidaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:49 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Annaoinga

You guys bring up a lot of good items in favor of both sides. I'm waiting on my husband to retire and hope to hit the road for some long trips. He doesn't want to sell the house so at first we won't and we'll see how it goes. There is just so much to see and do out there that I can't wait to go and don't see how we can see and do it all on trips.... I'd like to visit each state and see what it has to offer for a few months and then go on to the next state.... Hard to do if you have to return home to check on the house....

We'll see once he retires.

What you are doing is a good idea. We did the same at first then decided we could keep the S&B and still do the travel we want to do. Been doing it for 10years.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas - it helps us newbies!!

Happy travels everyone!
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 01:47 PM   #28
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I or we love our 2980-rl and it fits our lifestyle perfectly for me, the wife, and our pet. but just for a while no more than 40 days then its time to head to the stick house and stretch. were short timers I guess, so I guess we would be in that category we like the home better and do miss it.