Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Awning sticks/jams

Our Awning doesn't want to come down on the left side. (manual awning) The clasp thing that it sort of snaps into when you close it seems off center or bent or something. I have to get on the roof (no ladder) and sort of pry it loose to get it started.
Any ideas out there?
Thanks.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:10 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Don't know how to fix it. Ours does the same thing once in a while. What I do is grab hold of the awning arm and slightly push up on it vertically and it lifts up just enough to clear the thing that's giving you the problem. Sometimes I have to get my telescoping ladder out to lift up on the roller to make it work.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:42 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
The cause is the awning has slid a little on the roll up tube. It is causing the jam on the end frame. If the top of the arm is towards the nose of the Monty then when the awning is unrolled pull the material toward the nose of the Monty. It will realign the arm. Orv's comment to push up on the arm is correct and saves climbing on the roof. I also use the awning poll with the hook to grab the top of the arm and pull out after unrolling the awning a couple inches.
Good luck, let us know what you find and safe travels.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote