Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2019, 08:42 PM   #21
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
First of all welcome to the MOC. from Washington St. Make sure you do a good PDI. most portent thing make them hook it up to shore power run the AC, Ele side of HW tank and any think else that is 120 volt on your new Rig. make them hook it up to water supply check every thing for water leaks and toilet. make them run all the gas WH, Stove, Furnace. Make them show you how to use the self leveling sys if they know how! And check the tires make sure it has good tire not the junk!

Happy Trails
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 03:51 AM   #22
JeffBaker8011
Established Member

M.O.C. #23949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Montana High Country View Post
make sure you have the 800 phone number for the leveling company and know their hours and you know ALL the resets
I will add that information and place it with the paperwork for all the appliances etc. Thanks for the info
JeffBaker8011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 03:54 AM   #23
JeffBaker8011
Established Member

M.O.C. #23949
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderBob View Post
First of all welcome to the MOC. from Washington St. Make sure you do a good PDI. most portent thing make them hook it up to shore power run the AC, Ele side of HW tank and any think else that is 120 volt on your new Rig. make them hook it up to water supply check every thing for water leaks and toilet. make them run all the gas WH, Stove, Furnace. Make them show you how to use the self leveling sys if they know how! And check the tires make sure it has good tire not the junk!
Good points made with shore power. Had planned on ensuring all with the propane worked to include ensuring the crossover works as I have heard there have been issues there. I was also told to look for the disconnect valves (two) for the ice maker. Have been writing these things down to bring with me tomorrow morning. Hope all goes well!
JeffBaker8011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 06:23 AM   #24
kjmcdowell77
Established Member

M.O.C. #22739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Montana High Country View Post
make sure you have the 800 phone number for the leveling company and know their hours and you know ALL the resets
I've had a few flustered moments with my leveling system. However, I think I finally have it figured out and seems to be doing everything as it should. My issue with the main LR thermostat is that it never resembles any where near you set the temperature. When we were out this past month, we would set the heat pump to 65 degrees at night and then wake up with the inside temp anywhere from 58 to 70 without any rhyme or reason.

Other than that, everything is working perfectly.
2017 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel
kjmcdowell77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:16 AM   #25
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffBaker8011 View Post
Good points made with shore power. Had planned on ensuring all with the propane worked to include ensuring the crossover works as I have heard there have been issues there. I was also told to look for the disconnect valves (two) for the ice maker. Have been writing these things down to bring with me tomorrow morning. Hope all goes well!
Yes, that second disconnect is likely hidden behind a cabinet and many are installed wrong so they leak. Also there is a drain for the ice maker line under the unit, make sure they show you where that is. The tires should be Sailun G rating or optional Goodyear. And I would definetly go with a DRW tv as you'll have alot of pin weight.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:41 AM   #26
wecker1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20840
Jeff - welcome to the MOC. All good suggestions the best of which is "check everything"! One more thing, check your tire pressure yourself before you take possession. I had it on my punch list, the dealer assured me they had addressed. I checked before departing and they hadn't, they were 12-15 lbs. underinflated! Best of Luck!
wecker1 is offline   Reply With Quote