Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2017, 11:44 AM   #21
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
See if someone will let you try their power cord and adapter and see if the problem remains or goes away. That will at least eliminate one possibility.

BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:50 PM   #22
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
No one has stated the obvious, move. It's just that simple. You will know weather it's your problem or the camp ground.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:06 AM   #23
jameswbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18658
If you think the pictures of the electrical wiring under the steps are bad you should see the underbelly of the RV. I had the pleasure when mine fell off. Wires and plumbing falling on the ground. Bags of wire ties, holders and screws later mine is better.
jameswbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:42 PM   #24
catskiner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9253
You might look at https://yourfulltimervliving.com>rv-hot-skin-condition
catskiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #25
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
I would not have found that water heater element problem as i had asked a multitude of electricians and electronics people and was told all kinds of things. A lot of what you have already been told. i was at Golshen for the fall rally 2 years ago and the montana rep during the 15 min tour immediatly told me what the problem was when I told him the symptoms. Hope yours is as simple.
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 07:47 PM   #26
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
Saw that on a buddy's 5er one time and the problem was he was parked under the
the high tension power lines and they were transferring to he fifth wheel do to bad
wire insulation
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:05 PM   #27
Bohowanderlust
Established Member

M.O.C. #20222
Thanks all for your opinions and suggestions. We moved to a new Campground plugged into a 50 amp pedestal and did not experience any problems at all. No electrical shock, no outside breaker tripping. We just arrived to another Campground and again no problems thus far.

One of our peers from the FB group suspected it had something to do with us reducing to a 30 amp pedestal. Though we've done this several other times since we've own our RV, we never had a problem. I'm beginning to think that it was the problem at that particular Campground. Though the Campground did send someone out to check our pedestal and it all checked out fine. Either it was on their end or maybe we do have a problem that won't allow for proper workings when we are reducing to a 30 amp. Hopefully we'll find out more at our service appointment.

Good Life We do have an appointment scheduled to bring it to our dealer...currently we are on the road and miles away from them. My hopes was to connect with anyone who may have experienced the same and get some ideas/opinions on what could be causing it, as it seemed so out there. We've not had any problems with electric up to that point.

catskiner As I mentioned we had an electrician out and he found nothing. We will have to be vigilant until we can get it into our dealership.

Thanks everyone for sharing and offering your advice and opinions, we so appreciate it!
Luna Bella ~ 2017 Montana HC 340BH
Bohowanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:50 AM   #28
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
If your current 50 amp hookup pedastal also has a 30 amp outlet, try temporarily using your 50/30 adapter and see if the problem returns. If it does, you will know your adapter is bad. You certainly would not be the first with a bad adapter. Could save you a service trip.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:42 PM   #29
Bohowanderlust
Established Member

M.O.C. #20222
BB_TX Great suggestion about trying the 30 amp on the pedestal at this new Campground. At the moment though we are having major rains with lightening and thunder but will be here for a while so we'll have to give that a try. Unfortunately, we still need to make the trip...we've only had our Montana since April and it has had some other issues that are being addressed, like the laminate on our side out bubbling up, the toilet bowl seal not working, outside fridge stopped working, seam coming undone on recliner, and the USB connector burning out (this is a 12v so it's not associated to our current electric problem, it also has been disconnected by an electrician) but yes...it's disappointing to have the issues we've had with a brand new RV compared to our 10yr old trailer. But it is what it is.

MLH Lynwood Thanks for stating the obvious...at the time we could not move the park was full. But as I mentioned above...we have moved since this happened and have not experienced the problem so we agree, it may have been the parks pedestal.

Catskiner Thanks for the link...have been looking into this.

Shovelhead86 I would love to be able to attend a rally...from what I read it would be really great to attend. It's pretty cool to have someone who knows their product help figure things out

BuilderBob A FB peer shared a story about this happening to them at a truckstop...crazy huh! When they told us about it we went out to check and we were simply under just a bunch of pine trees no lines in site.

Thanks again everyone!
Luna Bella ~ 2017 Montana HC 340BH
Bohowanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, shock