Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2019, 05:45 PM   #1
jfbritt
Established Member

M.O.C. #23856
Convience Center Leak

I have a 2011 Montana Mountaineer 5th Wheel RV. In the bottom of the Convenience Center (compartment where the water connections are located) there is a tray with a flange opening for bringing hoses and cables up to the appropriate connection. When water get in the bottom tray it leaks into the adjacent storage compartment. I have checked all water connections, they are tight and show not signs of leaking. Any ideas on where the leak is? Could it be the flange opening? Is the flange opening sealed with butyl tape?

jfbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:38 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
If you haven't accessed the rear of the convenience center, where all the plumbing is located, it's very likely a loose connection back there. That is also where your pump is located. We had a leak early on from when we purchased the rig and there were several connections that were barely hand tight and leaking. The water runs under the plastic panel and floods the pass through storage area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	convenience center plumbing.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	3542  
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:00 PM   #3
jfbritt
Established Member

M.O.C. #23856
Bob and Becky, Thanks for the reply. I've checked and rechecked the water connections on the back of the convenience center including the pump. The leak occurs in direct relationship to a significant amount of water accumulating in the bottom tray.
jfbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:45 AM   #4
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
I’d be checking the outside shower faucet and quick release connections for leak...also I’d seal the inside lower edge all the way around.. this way if you get leak from city water hose connection, etc it will not sleep under the panel and into the basement area
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:50 AM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Since I have to guess it could be that the height of the access hole is causing the water to go back under the wall and from there into the storage area.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:49 PM   #6
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
The entire bottom of the convenience center on our rig is totally sealed except for the two holes where the low point drains exit, and if there was that much water that for some reason couldn't drain, it would drain out around the low point lines. Where is all this water coming from? We rarely have more than a couple ounces of water at the bottom of the convenience center, so something is seriously leaking and should be fixed to solve your problem, whether it is in or behind the convenience center. I use a chunk of foam to keep critters out when we are hooked up and even that does not cause an issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	water softener connection.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	3551  
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:51 PM   #7
Neverhome
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18136
Check to see if the outside shower faucet handles are leaking behind the convenience center. I also had a situation where the basement floor on the convenience panel side was always wet. After tearing apart the walls to get at all of the water connections, I discovered that the cause was the seal on the cargo door. Simply put a new seal on and bingo no more wet floors. It is easy to suspect a leaky pipe, I sure did, but no problems since replacing the hatch door seal.
Neverhome is offline   Reply With Quote