Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2004, 02:22 AM   #1
Montana_1971

M.O.C. #1971
brake controller

i just bought a MONTANA 3380RL that i am going to pull with a '99 dodge deisel. my question is i have an older brake controller and have been reading about the TEKONSHA digital controller has anyone used this model and what do you think? thanks

Montana_1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 05:21 AM   #2
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
After having "traditional" controllers on previous Suburbans/Travel Trailers, I went to a Tekonsha Prodigy for my truck and 5th Wheel. It is much better in my opinion and well worth the extra cost. In addition to the proportional braking, it has good diagnostics in case of problems.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 02:22 PM   #3
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Doublejjim,
I was using the older Tekonsha mod. for years. I felt it was doin a good job for me. Kept reading web sights where people were raving about the new Prodigy. I couldn't take it anymore. I had to buy one. You know what? They were right. It's great.
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 02:35 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I agree with that. I kept buying different models because I just wasn't satisfied. I've had this Prodigy since shortly after they were introduced a year or two ago and couldn't be happier with it. The older one will probably work just fine for you unless you want something better.

If it's **real** old then it might be a problem. I was told but can't verify that some of the real old ones don't work well with ABS. Again, I don't know if that's accurate. Maybe someone else knows for sure.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote