Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2005, 04:51 AM   #21
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Since I am not heigth challenged at 6'4" and 220#s I thought I would give my perspective of the WC. Our 2001 3280RL has the typical Montana separate small WC. I do not have any problems accomplishing the tasks I use it for. Most throne's are short for my long legs and this one is no different but, I manage to live with it. I do tend to hit my head on the shelf just over the throne if I move the wrong way. But I am in and out without lingering. Now if there was a window where I could look at the scenery, I might be tempted to stay awhile? NO! I don't think so! Forget the window!

We like the layout with the shower and vanity sink in the bedroom with the privacy curtain between them and the bed. If we have grandkids the sliding door and curtain allows privacy and access for everyone to the WC and the rest. I recall some of the old Shasta's and other rv's our family had over the years and remember the little round yellow portable toilet that set in the middle of the kitchen area floor when you needed it (absolutely no privacy) and the odor was @$@%^$%&@*&. It was always my job to empty it. We truly have "come a long way baby".

drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 10:09 AM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Don, you can get a riser to raise the throne. Camping World and some RV dealers carry them. We put one on our prior toilet and the 2 1/2 or 3 inches of additional height made far more difference than I thought it would. It cost about $25 and was a ten or fifteen minute install.
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/p...=1569&src=SRQB is the one we got.

Gitrdun, I'm apparently even more dense than usual today. I'm not sure what problem you are having. We first hold the pedal down halfway (single pedal toilet) to get lots of water in the bowl, then push the pedal to let it flush. That 'power flush' usually works for us. I'm not sure if this addresses your problem or not.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 10:42 AM   #23
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
Montana does make a large "Side Aisle" Bath, which is completely in one room, but it is in their "Mountaineer" line, my 2006 329RLS Mountaineer is equipped with the side aisle bath, and it is quite spacious, in fact it is almost too large (wasted space). My previous 5er, a 2000 Golden Falcon 28RLG also had a large all in one bath (about 2/3 the size of the 329RLS's).

Take A look at the floorplan at: http://www.keystone-goshen.com/mount...06/329RLSa.jpg
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:48 AM   #24
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Thanks Steve for the riser info. We use your "power flush" method also and it works fine with no problems. We had another traler once that the valve in the bottom of the bowl would hangup in the partially open position and the water would not turn off. Had to watch that carefully but it caused a completely different problem. Grandkid in the middle of the night. I got up a couple hours later to see what the noise was and stepped into water on the floor. What a mess! It never did it again! I would lubricate the valve with vaselene if it showed any signs of sticking. Got rid of the trailer but warned the new owner to watch the toilet. The mess appeared to be clean water but I had visions of what might be mixed in it. Ah, the joys of camping and facing the unexpected!
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote